Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

@tjvallee wrote:

I am not an idiot... I know that when option 1 is selected option 2 SHOULD become available. However, that is NOT the case. That is why I sent the original message. Option 2 and so on DOES NOT WORK!  It is staying grayed out. I cannot select anything else but Option 1.

I just want to close my account! Please close it.

Thanks.

Have you tried using a different browser? Or the alternative form here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, Merdith! I have duplicate accounts under the same email: kayoungkim101@yahoo.com . I accidentally created a new account on my phone, and when I got onto Spotify on my desktop, my original account would not open, but the one I accidentally created would open. I would like to get my original account back, so would you delete the new one that I accidentally created? In the one that I accidentally created, I only have 4 playlists. I would greatly appreciate it if you got rid of the one I accidentally created. 

-Thanks!

@kim123 wrote:

Hi, Merdith! I have duplicate accounts under the same email: kayoungkim101@yahoo.com . I accidentally created a new account on my phone, and when I got onto Spotify on my desktop, my original account would not open, but the one I accidentally created would open. I would like to get my original account back, so would you delete the new one that I accidentally created? In the one that I accidentally created, I only have 4 playlists. I would greatly appreciate it if you got rid of the one I accidentally created. 

-Thanks!

If you drop the customer services team an email using the contact form they might be able to do this faster for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

That cant help. Please delete my account. 

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi everyone! So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here. 

Ready to delete your account? Just hop over to our our contact form

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

I've already sent you 2 delete messages,but my account still exists...

@user-removed wrote:

I've already sent you 2 delete messages,but my account still exists...

Do you have a case number from when you got in touch? 

Peter

Peter

Yes its 00653630 and 00653625

I have asked a member of the community team to make sure those get answered for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

@user-removed wrote:

Yes its 00653630 and 00653625

Hey greatzone - You would have gotten an automated response from those emails.

If you reply again to the respone directly it will reach our CS team. You'll hear from us shortly!

Hi, I would like my account switched from a facebook login account to a non-facebook login. The name used for the new account can be zawsome89. 

Thank you 

@zawsome89 wrote:

Hi, I would like my account switched from a facebook login account to a non-facebook login. The name used for the new account can be zawsome89. 

Thank you 

You will need to get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get that sorted out for you. 

Peter

Peter

Hi @zawsome89! Welcome to the community, :). I hope you stick around!

I believe you need to reach out to Spotify via their contact form to make sure that one of their friendly agents can reach out to you! You can find that form by clicking this link.

Good luck!

Edit #1: 

Ah, beaten by Peter's awesome swiftness, xD.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hello. I would really like to delete my account as soon as possible. Could you please help me, Thank you.

Hey Gavi369 - Please head over to the contact form for help with deleting your account. 

You can see more info the first post of this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

Hello!

I want to delete my spotify account, I filled the contact form and received only an automated email. the number of this spotify case is Spotify Case # 00655014. I replied to it, even though it says "no-reply"... - what should I do next?

So long as you reply directly to that email (don't open a new case) you should be fine. 

You'll here from one of our CS agents shortly. 

I sent you the contact form and informed there I wish to delete the whole account.

And got the message from noreply-support@spotify.com

Can you please check if the case #00654396 can be completed?

Delete the account fully...

Thanks!

I currently have other account, so thats why I need to get rid of the other.

@user-removed wrote:

I sent you the contact form and informed there I wish to delete the whole account.

And got the message from noreply-support@spotify.com

Can you please check if the case #00654396 can be completed?

Delete the account fully...

Thanks!

I currently have other account, so thats why I need to get rid of the other.

Hi,

You can still reply to that email address directly despite the fact its a no-reply. So if you do that someone over at Spotify will sort it out for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hello!
All ok, it seemst that my old account "zatk89" doesn't exist anymore - I can't log in to spotify or the spotify community using this login. But when I type "spotify:user:zatk89" in the search bar everything still shows - my playlists, my account, followers and following people... I want to delete it all too, so that "zatk89" account also disappears from other people's "followers" and playlists. I dont want this "ghost" account... Can you do that?

Thanks in advance!

@zk1989 wrote:
Hello!
All ok, it seemst that my old account "zatk89" doesn't exist anymore - I can't log in to spotify or the spotify community using this login. But when I type "spotify:user:zatk89" in the search bar everything still shows - my playlists, my account, followers and following people... I want to delete it all too, so that "zatk89" account also disappears from other people's "followers" and playlists. I dont want this "ghost" account... Can you do that?

Thanks in advance!

You would need to get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form to see if that is possible. 

I know it is not possible to delete your playlists (hence why the account might still show?), since that would also mean deleting them from anyone who is subscribed. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts