Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook

Solved!

Disconnect from Facebook

Hi, 

I want to deactivate my Facebook account, but keep Spotify Premium. I've already paid and the two are linked. How can I convert my Spotify subscription over to a stand-alone subscription and get rid of my Facebook?

Thank you.

68 Replies

Hi,

I'd want to wipe my facebook account but would like to keep Spotify as I've already paid and enjoy all the premium features. Any chance to switch to normal log-in?

Many thanks!

@khoxf wrote:

Hi,

I'd want to wipe my facebook account but would like to keep Spotify as I've already paid and enjoy all the premium features. Any chance to switch to normal log-in?

Many thanks!

If you get in touch with the team directly here before you close your Facebook account they can help you migrate everything over to a non-Facebook account 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I read the threads on disconnecting to Facebook. I accidentally logged in using the FB details as spotify's new passoword is not coming through to my email. I did not realise the consequences using the FB log in and never wanted to use the FB log in in the first place, it was just a desperate way to get into the account.. So if I understood the correct feedback on the disconnection is that I basically can't do that and have to create a whole new account. But surely this can't be true as I would lose all my playlists... I am confused. Thank you for your help!

@ceci19 wrote:

Hi,

I read the threads on disconnecting to Facebook. I accidentally logged in using the FB details as spotify's new passoword is not coming through to my email. I did not realise the consequences using the FB log in and never wanted to use the FB log in in the first place, it was just a desperate way to get into the account.. So if I understood the correct feedback on the disconnection is that I basically can't do that and have to create a whole new account. But surely this can't be true as I would lose all my playlists... I am confused. Thank you for your help!

That is not the case, if you have an account with a Spotify username you just need to log in using those details and then you have the option to connect/disconnect from Facebook whenever you like. 

If you are having issues getting a password reset, get in touch here and a member of the team will be able to assist you via email 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Hi, Can you please tell me how I disconnect FB for spotify. My wife has managed to connect my spotify account with her FB account...

I have been all over spotify toolbars and can't find a way to disconnect her FB account to my spotify. I would appreciate som guiding here:)

@josteinlowe wrote:

Hi, Can you please tell me how I disconnect FB for spotify. My wife has managed to connect my spotify account with her FB account...

I have been all over spotify toolbars and can't find a way to disconnect her FB account to my spotify. I would appreciate som guiding here:)

In the desktop client go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. 

Just be aware once you have done that, it can take up to 24 hours for all of her Facebook info to disappear from your account. 

Peter

Peter

Hi

I would love to unlink my facebook account but keep the playlists and login email address of my spotify account that I created through facebook. Can you unlink facebook from my account so I can use my email to do spotify log in?

Or is it possible if you delete my entire account and still let me sign up with the same email address again? I would love to keep sign up a new (spotify, not via facebook) account with my same email after my spotify account is deleted. 

Thank you very much. If this is solved I would be considering to upgrade my account!

Please let me know !!  Here is my case number it would be great if you could speed up the process for me!   Case #: 00920216

@user-removed - Left a reply on your other post here 😉 

Peter

Peter

Facebook is a joke..  I would not be surprised in the slightest were Zuckerberg / Facebook / Facespy is selling off all our usage information to any and all who pay the slightest price, with all identifiable information wide open.

Zuckerberg - who ironically purchased surrounding properties to get 'privacy' - what a hypocrtical loser he is.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/facebooks-privacy-changes-are-a-big-deal/

So I have contacted Spotify support to remove the Facebook virus from my account and create a a new migrated uncontaminated account where every marketing company and government agency in the world can see my most intimate private world, all day, every day, piped directly in to Zuckerberg's bank account - so he can buy surrounding properties for 'privacy reasons'.  I hate that company and Zuckerberg with a passion.

Once this is done I'm deleting my Facebook account.  I was shocked to find all contacts, however distant from family to distant professional networks, can see my entire timeline with all my most intimate private moments.

Screw you FaceSpy, you can kiss my delete button.

So, what can people do who joined Spotify after the integration?

That would still leave us needing to log into Spotify with Facebook credentials.

Follow the steps in this post to migrate over to a non-Facebook account or follow the link in the post to get in touch with customer support and they can lend a hand. 

Peter

then **bleep** you and **bleep** Facebook

@q888q - What issue are you having exactly? Maybe we can help. 

Peter

Really?  WHAT PART OF DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK did you misunderstand? Duh, we know how to use Spotify to Sign Up with Facebook...  But like a bvad social disease, there doesn't seem to be a way to disassociate. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Gawd Help me break away!!

@lesterw - If your account was created via Facebook, there is no easy way to do it I'm afraid.

I've put together a DIY tutorial here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter

Hi, I've been a Spotify Premium user for almost 2 years, and I have never had so many problems in 2 weeks.  But as of today, I don't even have the option to connect to FaceBook.  Only see "show what I listen to on MSN" which I don't even use, and "show on spotify social". What happened?  I've been working with customer service on two major issues I'm continuing to have with the constant error banner "could not syncronize playlists; retrying" and my social feed not working at all.  I've contacted 4 different people, and this is so extremely frustrating I'm almost in tears!  I share my music with my facebook friends, so not even having that option now because it won't figure out that I don't have any playlists I'm trying to sync, nor run my spotify social, I have no reason to continue with you at all.  I've asked for help constantly, but still not answers!!!   PLEASE HELP!!!

#syncronizeplaylist  #socialfeed #facebook

Could you please just reset all of my devices?  I don't care if I lose all 470 playlists at this point.  Just do something.  Between seeking help here and overseas (England, customer service) I can't believe nothing has been fixed and no solutions offered.  Just reset everything!  Thanks, MAlfonso  #reset #devices #synchingerrors #nospotifysocial #disappointedloyalcustomer

Hi. If you are already in touch with the support team, you should continue exchanging emails with them until everything is sorted out for you. This is not an official support channel I'm afraid. If you're not seeing the share via facebook option in spotify preferences the you are logged into an account which isn't connected to facebook. Have you tried logging out and back in with an email address rather than a username?

Okay Where is this option on a mac.. this is starting to be really annoying.

Suggested posts