Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do you need internet access to logon with spotify offline?

Do you need internet access to logon with spotify offline?

Hi. Quick question. Do you have to have internet access to log onto spotify even if you want to listen offline?

I am going on a trip without internet access so was thinking of buying a premium account, adding some music to my playlist to listen to later offline - but that won't work if I need to have internet access to log on.

Does that make sense? Hope someone can help me..quickly! 🙂

Thanks!
- Jackie

9 Replies

You don't need any internet access to log in to Spotify. Just sync your playlist for offline use. After that you don't need internet access to log in an listen to that playlist.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Thank you!!

I followed the above instructions but my playlists aren't downloading! Its been well over an hour and the download is currently at 0%. When I click it my only options are to cancel the4 download. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? This download is being done through my Orange mobile network, which there doesn't appear to have any problems with it.

Thanks.

Hi Stb-abe,

We're here to do whatever we can to get things working as they should be 🙂

First off, please let us know the device affected and how much space is currently free on the internal memory and we'll see what steps we can suggest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

My phone is the HTC Sense and there is 4.1 GB of space left. I have tried to download just the one song but even this isnt possible.

Thanks for that info. To begin with please reinstall Spotify. Once this is done, give syncing another try and let us know if the problem persists.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thank you very much for your help. Followed your instructions and its worked perfectly! You have saved me from having no music whilst on holiday. Thank you!

how do you sync to offline use?

Suggested posts