Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email Already used when changing email

Email Already used when changing email

Hello,

I am trying to change my email because my current one got locked now i need to change it to another email address just incase i forgot my password but when i change it to another email i get a error like email already used by another account...

Please fix.

Thanks

2 Replies

Hello!

If another account is using that email that you are trying use, you need to remove it from that account first and then add it to the account your using now. You can find out what account is using your email by entering it here, and an email will be sent with the username of the account. 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Sometimes this happens when you accidentally have a duplicate account in the system, its especially common if the email address you are trying to use is also the email address you use to login to Facebook. If you can't solve this yourself using @Josh 's steps above, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts