Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email - Facebook

Solved!

Email - Facebook

Hi

I have subscribed to Spotify since mid last year, signing up through my FB account.  Recently I've changed my email address for my FB account, but that change hasn't passed through to my Spotify account settings - which are still showing my old email address.  I've tried logging out and back in, and my email hasn't refreshed.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey aikimark,

It might take a little while for our system to update but we've gone ahead and done it manually with your account. If you log in at https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/ that should now show your updated email address.

Get back to the music already! (or feel free to stick around these boards a while and have some fun!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey aikimark,

It might take a little while for our system to update but we've gone ahead and done it manually with your account. If you log in at https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/ that should now show your updated email address.

Get back to the music already! (or feel free to stick around these boards a while and have some fun!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Fantastic - thanks!!

hello i have same problems with email via facebook, so i should just wait for system to update?:)

@emandkey wrote:

hello i have same problems with email via facebook, so i should just wait for system to update?:)

Give it 24 hours, if it doesn't change let us know here 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

I have a similar problem.

I signed up through my FB account, too. From the beginning Spotify

is showing an email address like app+XYZ@proxymail.facebook.com where XYZ is some cryptical hash.

I changed my address in FB a month ago but the address in Spotify still hasn't refreshed.

Could you please help me?

hola buenas noches :mira tengo un problema con mi cuenta de spotify, tengo la cuenta asociada con Facebook, y por eso consigo entrar en mi cuenta, pero no recuerdo la contraseña que tengo en spotify, y el correo que hay lo puse hace mas de cuatro años y esa cuenta de correo está cancelada, es decir, no tengo acceso a ella, por lo que quisiera cambiar mi cuenta de spotify  a otra cuenta de correo, como puedo hacerlo?

@Wutz - Sounds weird, if you could drop the support team an email directly using the online contact form they can check this out for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@pabloraez10 - If you could get in touch using this form a member of the team will be able to help you recover your account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem here. Changed my email address in fb to receive my new password but in Spotify there's still the strange add1255proxy.. blabla email. I've already sent a request for to Spotify service.. 24hours later no answer no change. Could you please help me? What shall I try next?

@Blubber

Hopefully you got a reply from support by now.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts