Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email address cannot be unlinked from Facebook account

Solved!

Email address cannot be unlinked from Facebook account

Hi,

I would like to decouple my Facebook account from Spotify.  I happened to create my account against my Facebook account and, after deactivating my Facebook account, found that I could no longer log into Spotify.  I reactivated my Facebook account and was then able to log in.  I would like to decouple my email address, but it shows in your system as 'in use' and I cannot unlink it.  

This was frustrating enough that I switched to Rdio several months ago.

I like Spotify, though, and want to switch back.  I won't though, until I can use my regular email address and not be dependent on Facebook.  What I would like is to have my account unregistered so I can create a new account using the same email address I've been using for years, and then sign up for the premium membership.  Is there any way to disassociate my Facebook account from my Spotify account?  

It makes absolutely no sense to me that, because I initially registered with my Facebook account, I now need to forever maintain a Facebook account to also maintain a Spotify membership and that there is no way to separate those two things.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed, welcome to the community!

If you get in touch with Spotify directly through the online contact form they will set you up with a new account and transfer all your music over, so you won't have to use your Facebook account anymore. 🙂

If you receive an automated response directing you back to the community, just reply to it and you will be connected with an agent that will be more than happy to assist you! Expect to receive a reply within 24-48 hours. If there's anything else you need help with, give me a shout!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed, welcome to the community!

If you get in touch with Spotify directly through the online contact form they will set you up with a new account and transfer all your music over, so you won't have to use your Facebook account anymore. 🙂

If you receive an automated response directing you back to the community, just reply to it and you will be connected with an agent that will be more than happy to assist you! Expect to receive a reply within 24-48 hours. If there's anything else you need help with, give me a shout!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I also have the same problem, and probably many more out there.

Took your advice and used the online contact form with the enquiry. Let see if they can help me sort this out, although i.m.o. Spotify needs to change this anyway so people can do this themselfs 😉

Suggested posts