Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely bad customer service

Extremely bad customer service

Hello,

I am writing to complain about the bad customer service you have.  It is so bad, that it´s rear for a paid service.

Many days ago, I made a simple request: please delete my account.  All well up until then, the account was deleted, and the support representative reimbursed me the money I had paid for Premium.

However, I had the extremely bad idea of thinking that your software and integration with Facebook actually worked well, so I created a new account and paid for Premium again.  At the time there was a promotion of "Paid for one month and get 3 of premium service".  Awesome.

However, by accident, I linked my account to my girlfriend´s Facebook account, when using Spotify on her iPad. After several attempts to unlink both accounts without succcess, I contacted your customer service again, and asked a simple question one more time: Can you please delete this account, so I can start afresh?  After all, the problem wasn´t mine, it was the software that wasn´t working, because I should be able to disconnect both accounts.  

And that was the mistake.  Something that was soooooo simple the first time, because a pain..you know where.  Not only I had to send lots of e-mails just to confirm what I had just confirmed.  But your response time is soooooooooo loooooooooooong!!!

So I asked: delete the account, please, and reimburse me the money I paid for premium.  --Money? From Premium? Which Premium? When did you pay for Premium? Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla?   After I sent all, and I mean all! the details to the customer service representative (the number 5 or six by that time), I´ve got the response...I´m sorry, but since your account was deleted (because, Alelhuya! I got my account finally deleted), we cannot reimburse you, but we can give you a free month of premium anyway! Awesome! NOT!

When I asked whether you would respect the 3 months of free that I got when I signed up, the answer was:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can only able to credit you the one month, I am sorry there isn't much more I can do about that Herman.

Would you like me to apply your free month now? 

Sorry again Herman and I look forward to your reply! 

25 e-mails, a lot of time wasted talking to you guys, the problem was originated because of a failure in YOUR software, whuch I PAY TO USE, and you cannot honour the conditions under which I subscribed to the service in the first place?  Can you please tell me, what kind of company you are, and what is going on here?

This is the worst ever customer service I´ve received for a paid service.  Just so you understand what I mean:  I work for an NGO which uses Microsoft software, which we get completely FREE.  Do you know how long I wait for them to get back to me after I submit a service request? A: 15 - 30 mins.  Yeah, they are Microsoft, fair enough.  Let´s give the startup Spotify 6 hours then...ohh, no...12 hours.  No, not enough.  What about 2 days to just write 3 lines of a follow up e-mail? Because that´s how long I had to wait for you to get back to me most of the time!

You should be embarrased.

Regards,

Herman Haugland

(Ex) Spotify Premium Subscriber

PS: Attached you´ll find the ridiculously long conversation I´ve had with your customer service, just to get my account deleted twice and 2 reimbursements.

39 Replies

I know it isn't a lot of help now, but if your Spotify account gets tied to someone's Facebook again it is easy to disconnect from Facebook using the desktop client (you can't do it on iPad unfortunately) rather than deleting the account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It should be easy. I tried all methods, on Windows and on Mac, using the web and the desktop versions of the software, and it didn't work.

lol waiting 2 days ain't long at all. It's been 3 weeks for me and still not one response. Giving them 1 more week and then I'm cancelling my premium subscription and taking as many people as possible with me.

I agree with you Herman. They have not only a very bad service but also is very difficult to find an email address for support, what I think is well aware.

The announcement of the three month is not clear. I was Premium member for a time ago and I decided ending the subscription. I receive an offer one month for three from PayPal and I take it. Not a word of certain conditions comes with the deal. But I get only a normal month. I claimed and Spotify team answer that it was not applicable for me because of my former Premium membership. Nothing to do

Now I see another offer, after my logon in the web page. There isn’t any condition or link to them, I just wonder what are they doing. I suppose they don’t and to loose clients. Do they understand that we become a living pillar claim?

The team of Spotify should know that people entering the road. I mean Google play which take the half of what Spotify take.

Augusto

spotifyOffer.png

how do u talk to spotify they r the worst service ever can u help me Joe

@joe0825 

Have you tried contacting them via the contact form?

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

MY PROBLEM IS VERY VERY SIMILAR TO YOURS ONLY Two Days LATER I STILL haven't had my money reimbursed and I still don't have the premium that I pay for how do I get in touch with customer service is well because this is ridiculous and outrageous I got screenshots to prove that they took the money out of my account and I don't have premium

Is there a phone number to call? I ordered through the iPhone App Store and payment went through but it won't upgrade and I've followed EVERY step possible.

This is BS

I have replied back to auto email twice

Hey @kcdonegan

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I got a reply with a case number and a suggestion to look in help section. Which I’ve been doing for six hours now. Lol. Maybe they’ll get on the ball and help me out. Thank you for the reply.

I have someone else Facebook account linked to mine, how do I unlink it? Thanks in advanced!

@camontes11

Login to the desktop app and click on the arrow next to the username in the top right.

Go to settings and look under Facebook. You should see a way to disconnect.

After you disconnect it can take 24-48 hours for their name and profile photo to be removed from your Spotify account. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've been having a similar problem. They keep charging me for Premium yet my account says I am still on the free version, as it has said from the first day I paid for Premium. I've emailed several times over the past month or more and they're just sending me on a wild goose chase for the most ridiculous information. I don't think they want to reimburse me the money that they are continuously taking regardless of the fact that I've told them to cancel everything linked to my bank account. I am not impressed, and will be telling everyone about the poor customer services.

@gstarftw

Did you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to this account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info so no new charges can be made.

osorniosSpotify Star

I need help nothing is working I went from premium to nothing and tried to create a new account which worked for a week.  It won't let me log in.  It doesnt recognize my password or username, tried resetting it many times now and it still won't let me in plus to make things worse I can't log in because it's saying my email is already taken.  What do I do?  

@SandraDumont

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In them, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

osorniosSpotify Star

My new account is not on Premium, but my boyfriend gets the account info. My old account should still be active but my old email got purged by accident and it costs too much to retrieve it. so no way of getting a refresh from that one but my boyfriend is for sure still paying for it. I have no idea what’s happening with this new one. Even with a reset it won’t let me in?

Suggested posts