Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family - Shared playlists?

Solved!

Family - Shared playlists?

Hello

With a family account (like me + 2 others), are all the playlists and who's following whom shared, or are this then 3 totally seperate accounts?

Regards,

Alexander

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found a solution: this works for (temporarily) public playlists.

1. Make your list public in accounta
  2. go to the second accountb
  3. search (top left) the member "accouna"
  4. you will see the lists
  5. I guess stop sharing and making it collaborative will finalize the sharing

mediocre, but works

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I too can't share / find family members. This should be an integral part of the service. 

View solution in original post

32 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community 🙂

By using the family account you'll have 3 seperate accounts :). So you can also listen through 3 accounts at one time which wasn't avaiable for a long time. 😉 Those 3 accounts are also completely seperate from each other in relation to the playlists you'll have 😉

i hope i have helped, if not please answer so i'll explain this furthermore 😉

Have fun using spotify! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hello @alexs77!

Each account created under Spotify family is a separate account, here is more information on Spotify family 🙂 The playlists, recommendations and followers all stay in there own account and are not shared with each account even though they are billed on one subscription. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

So how do my wife and I share playlists?

I'm thinking of getting an account for my wife on the family plan. We listen to mostly the same music and want to be able to access the same playlists. I could share each of my playlists with her, but is there a faster way? And even more important, since almost all of my playlists also include local files, will she be able to access those since it is the same hard drive pulling the local music files through iTunes? In my experience, sharing a playlist deletes the songs that are local and don't have a Spotify match. Basically, I want to be able to share with my wife who has a local match using the same exact file destination. Will this work?

Yes!! How the hell do I share something with my wife or kids!!!!! Seriously have they thought about this????

Hello MacUtopia1.

I would suggest creating a collaborative playlist and share it with your family.

1. Create a new playlist.
2. Add the songs you wish to share with your family to the newly created playlist.
3. From the menu on the left, right click your playlist and click either "Share..." or "Copy Playlist link".
4. Select your family members to share with, or send them the link.
5. Assist them with opening your playlist and clicking "Subscribe" at the top of the playlist.

You can do this with as many playlists as you want and you can even take it to the next level and allow them to edit and add new songs to the different playlists by right clicking the playlist and selecting "Collaborative Playlist".

I hope that works out for you Smiley Happy

Hi Alias,

Thanks for the reply, yep, did all that many times over, however my wife is on the family plan with me, and despite everything I have tried, I simply cant find her on Spotify. Even searching for spotify:user:USERNAME comes up with an error, so I think there is an inherent issue with the family plan and sharing with users on it.

Hello again,
That sounds a bit strange.

Please try the following.

1. Open the Mac/Windows client and sign in with your wifes account.

2. Click her name in the top right corner.

3. With her profile page open, right click her name at the top of the profile and click "Copy Profile Link"

4. Enter the link in a browser window on your computer.

Following the above steps should allow you to find her profile, from there you should be able to click on "Follow" allowing you to find her more easily in the future.

Let me know how that works out.

Hi,

Yes, that allowed me to see her in the right hand column as a friend, so now she is following me and I am following her, but no matter what I don, I can't share anyhting with her... When I share a playlist and type in her name or her username it says "sorry, no results can be found".

I also have problems sharing with the other family member. Cant find her when searching.

I have the same problem as MacUtopia1. I try to share a playlist with family member, but can't find him. I found him and I'm following him, but can't find him when I try to share something. What should I do?

Hey there @MacUtopia1@anderslinden2, and @Jaason, welcome to the community!

I apologize for the late reply! Are you guys able to share playlists with users you want through the web player? Any user that you follow you will be able to share content with through the web player. It looks like some clients have trouble finding users if they are not connected to Facebook and are your friend on Facebook -- however, Spotify is aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hello,

I also have this problem and I suspected it may have been an issue with my family members not having Facebook.

I have got a family membership with 3 children attached to my account.  I am following them on Spotify but I can't share any play lists with them as they don't have Facebook accounts.

This is insane.  I have spent an hour trying to share one Christmas playlist with them and it just can't be done as far as I can tell.  Is there a workaround?  I have tried the web player and get the same error message about friends not being found 😞

Thanks in advance

Brian

Is this not being able to share playlists with family members going to ever be fixed?  I thought it would be easy to share playlists with family but i have seen posts now 8 months old and still no fix.  I wish i had known that before I paid for family!

I have the same problem.

I use Spotify without Facebook and this way it is impossible to share with friends since Spotify thinks you have none ...

My family is in the right-hand column, but no matter what I can not share something with them.

You can even drag a playlist to their username and it displays as a [+] icon, looking like you could share things, but unfortunately it is not possible. 

Please fix this issue ... you can not force nor depend on users having a facebook profile!

So I went on my husbands account, clicked on the playlists I wanted, clicked share, found my name and hit send. where do the playlists show up? I cannot find them on my device/account? does it come through email? Not sure why it's not easier to link playlists in the family account.

Same problem! Me and wife on a family plan and she does not appear. She is linked to FB like me. Are you guys ever fixing this?

we currently have separate accounts, but are considering consolidating in a single spotify family account. can we move our current individual playlists to the new account, or will the new account simply absorb our existing profiles?

thanks

Just came to say that I'm also running into this issue that is not resolved. It seem that Spotify specifically prevents users from doing certain actions with family members in the same account. Sharing playlists spears to be one of this limitations.

It is strange that family members have more limitations than regular users and I certainly hope the fix this problem.

Suggested posts