Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Subscription

Family Subscription

Hi there!

I recently bought Family subs., have been a Premium user for some years now. Thank you for the services, by the way. Can´t do without Spotify 🙂

The question I have is regarding adding existing premium users to my family account.

I tried inviting my wife and daughter, but they cannot make it work.

The reason is that the e-mail provided is linked to log-in to Spotify via Facebook account.

It´s too much hassle to delete the link to FB, and make brand new accounts... 

Could they just migrate somehow to the new priceplan?

I was hoping that they could keep existing playlists and just make the switch. A lot of work is been put into building their playlists during the years, and would be a struggle to re-gaining those. 

So: how can one solve this? 

Please feel free to contact me anytime, so I can inform wich users this regards, and maybe you can check if anything can be done 🙂

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Bogdan J. Strapuc

5 Replies

@bogdan_strapuc

If they are current Premium subscribers, they need to cancel their subscriptions and become Free again.

Once that happens, they'll be able to join if you send them invites to their current registered email address.

No need to make new accounts. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi and thnx for the reply.

I am aware of that.

but: what about the playlists they already have?

@bogdan_strapuc

Playlists, library and friends are independent of their subscription status, so even if they become Free and join your Family plan, their settings will be preserved.

osorniosSpotify Star

That I know 🙂

But the issue is that the accounts were created with different e-mail adresses than the ones the invite was sent to...

So, when they will log on with the Family-user account, the accounts will appear as "new" and blank...

The question at hand was if there´s any chance to migrate users somehow.

Worst case scenario, the playlists they created could be sent to my user, then sent back to them after the new accounts will be activated.

Not sure if those playlists will be available as long as they downgrade to free accounts, even though I have "saved" them im my account...

Thanks againg for the replies 🙂

@bogdan_strapuc

You can manage members, so what you should do is resend the emails (if you have sent them already) to the correct email address, which should be the one in their profile page for their current accounts:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Click MANAGE.
  3. Click on the member you would like to change.
  4. Click CHANGE THIS MEMBER
  5. Click INVITE MEMBER BY LINK or enter the e-mail of the person you want to invite. Click SEND INVITE

It will be easier for you and for them to keep using their current accounts, instead of having to start over, and migrate their settings.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts