Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan says we are in different countries

Solved!

Family plan says we are in different countries

My family plan is "GB" (uppercase) and my wife's is "gb" (lowercase).

When she tries to join the family plan that I have setup it says we are in different countries.

Please can someone take a look.

Regards

Hit

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. I got it resolved by just using using a different browser for attaching my family members. Of course they need to be available for entering their username & password. My educated guess is that it is a cookie problem combined with bad coding from Spotify.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Hey there @lazerlightning, welcome to the community!

Can you please reply with the usernames of both of the accounts? I'll get someone from the team to take a look! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

lazerlightning

ewarburton

Thanks

@lazerlightning wrote:

lazerlightning

ewarburton

Thanks

I've escalated this to the team! They should respond back to you soon! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hey @lazerlightning,

Welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Can you give it another go and let us know how it goes? 

If you get any error message, just send us a screenshot and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks. 

Thanks that worked!

Spotify for the win!

I am having the same problem with my dad. We are both in NO, but it says I am in a different country. Can you help?

Hey @DanielHellem

Could you Private Message me with the username of both accounts? I'll take a look at this for you.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Spotify keeps saying that we have a different country and we don't.

We have the same problem. Both registered in DE (Germany).

Hey, i have the same problem here in Austria 🙂

Both accounts are registered in AUT but i always get a invitation in french.

Please help me.

Thanks

Having the same issue. Mine displays as USA, hers displays as US. Same zip code, but it says she's not in the same country as the account owner when she follows the invite link.

Having an issue with setting up family plan. Tried logining in multiple times but still getting the same error message. Please help.

Spotify issue.png

Having an issue with setting up family plan. Tried logining in multiple times but still getting the same error message. Please help.

Spotify issue.png
Spotify issue.png

This issue is getting very, very frustrating. I purchased the family plan to share it with someone very special and I'm not even able to do that.

We are having the same issue, my account says GB and my daughters says gb. What can we do?

I am having the same problem with my family plan, we are all in Perú but it says we are in different countries. Please Help!

Im having the same issue, trying to add my wife to the family subscription. Both registered in BE. Retried a bunch of times. Can anyone help?

I am having the same issue. 

my username : tobake75

wify:s username : karinsjoo

thanks in advance

OK, I see a lot of "me too" on this topic. I also see that the original poster got it solved but I don't see how it was solved (except for "try again" which I have done a number of times).

- Is there any solution to this?

- What is the root cause?

- Where can I expect to get support on this? (this is a paid-for service and am not able to use it)

//Roland

Suggested posts