Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan says we are in different countries

Solved!

Family plan says we are in different countries

My family plan is "GB" (uppercase) and my wife's is "gb" (lowercase).

When she tries to join the family plan that I have setup it says we are in different countries.

Please can someone take a look.

Regards

Hit

35 Replies

I am having the same problem. Could you help me out? The two usernames are amyscherzy and symlysf

Hi I sent a message earlier, and I am having the same problem too. Could you help me out?

Here are the edited usernames:
amyscherzy

Syamil Yusof

Do you need more information to help us?

Hi I sent a message earlier, and I am having the same problem too. Could you help me out?

Here are the edited usernames:
amyscherzy

Syamil Yusof

Do you need more information to help us?

Hi I'm having the exact same problem - can you please help out?

Hi, I'm also having the same problem...what I should do ? 

Accounts are :  raoul.z and matteo.z

Marked as solution

I had the same problem. I got it resolved by just using using a different browser for attaching my family members. Of course they need to be available for entering their username & password. My educated guess is that it is a cookie problem combined with bad coding from Spotify.

Hi there.

We are having the exact same problem.

My husband recently changed his country to FR and I am also registered there, but the stuff won't work !!

Would you help ?

our profiles : nawellichka & Shukhrat Pioupiou

Thanks !

Hiya, I'm also experiencing this problem...

I'm murrayallan and my daughter is dollyallan. We've followed all of the advice in these threads above to no avail. Hope you can help us soosn! (We're both GB).

Murray

currently having the same problem with my mom

Had the same issue. My girlfriend could not use the invitation, but we are living in the same country. Only difference when we looked in our account was that my country code was in upper case and my girlfriends country code in lower case.

What we tried:

I opened another incognito/private window in the same browser as where my master family account was logged in. Opened the invitation link and logged in with my girlfriends user and I was able to accept the invitation.

Don't know exactly what did the trick, but I assume it has something to do with country/language settings per browser/computer/cache.

i'm having the same problem with my father (javaDude) invited me to family premium and it says that we are in a diffrent country. it works for my sister but not for me which is really frustraing. heres a picture to prove my point. (live in Norway)  sincerly, chips_manspotify help.PNG

THIS IS THE RIGHT ANSWER! THIS JUST WORKED FOR ME!

Try redeeming the code/email in a different browser. Share the link with and click it through a different browser. 

I have the same problem but in Mexico.

My username is brunodflo, and the one who will pay the Spotify Family's username is ferrati_84, please help!

having the same problem in Ireland, keeps telling me my daughters account is in a different country

I have the same issue. 😞

Already sent email to Spotify Support, but really hope they would explain in this forum what is the cause of the bug and when will it be fixed.

We are trying to set that up today and in the same room.  It says we are different countries.  How can we resolve this? 

Message is exactly the same as previous screen shots in this chain

Jane evans

Suggested posts