Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan subscription for Canada

Solved!

Family plan subscription for Canada

Is the Spotify Family plan available yet in Canada? 

My wife and I both have the free accounts and would like to switch to the family plan, however when we click on Upgrade, we don't see any kind of link to the family plan. 

Thanks

D

227 Replies

For me the solution was moving over Google Music, which now has the same price for family as Apple Music.

I too am moving to Google.

I've moved to Apple Music abd it's great. I just miss the community playlists.

@pedgarcia

I know family pricing for Google Music has been announced but I only see the 9.99$ option, is it available yet ?

The link to the announcement that family plan was coming to canada "soon" no longer exists and redirects to the home page. I blame Rogers who include a Spotify family sharing plan in their share everything plan so they probably have some deal with Spotify to not allow it in Canada.

I was not clear with my first reply, so I edited my post. 

I was asking pedgarcia about Google Music, I know spotify has not made it available in Canada yet (and probably won't for months).

Hmm. Makes sense.

I've now tried all 3 services and here's what I've found:

1. Spotify allows 3 devices, but you can only effectively listen to one at a time. It's clearly meant for a single user.

2. Apple Music, allows each family member to have their own devices (not sure how many), but you can have up to 5 family members. The nice thing with this is each family member has their own playlists etc so I don't have to see my daughter's Justin Bieber list in my playlists. This would be my number one choice, but they don't have an Android app and since we have a mix of iPhone and Android in our house this doesn't work.

3. Google Play (Music) allows for up to 5 devices that can play concurrently. With a family of 4 we can make this work. It works on both iPhone and Android. The negative is all playlists are shown.

NOTE to Spotify: My wife and daughters prefer Spotify due to the community playlists and we'd stay with Spotify if you could offer what we need, but I'm not paying for 4 accounts when I can get the same for a 1/4 of the price from Google.

Was going to go to a family plan when my free premium ended but it is STILL not available in Canada so I am out.

Had enough Spotify would prefer to stay with you over google/Apple but for a family of 4 trying to make one account work is a pain and there is no way i am paying for 4 you have until lthe end of december to answer your commitmrnt and bring some sort of family plan or i am gonne

Apple music for Android is now available. 6 users for a family for $14.99/month. Spotify.... You've been replaced. Sayonara. It's been a slice.

It's really sad that a company like Spotify would just completely ignore this issue. If they have decided not to offer the Family plan, then just say so. If it's coming, tell us when. Definitely makes me not want to have anything to do with Spotify.

As someone has already suggested, Spotify made a deal with Rogers to offer family plans free with cellphone plans. Spotify probably agreed not to offer us family plans directly because it would loosen the grip Canada's cellphone oligopolies have on our throats.

As someone has already suggested, Spotify made a deal with Rogers to offer family plans free with cellphone plans. Spotify probably agreed not to offer us family plans directly because it would loosen the grip Canada's cellphone oligopolies have on our throats.

Apple Music is coming to Sonos soon... that'll be it for your Spotify!

I've been waiting for Spotify Family, but I've lost my patience and you've lost another customer.

As a long time spotify user and premium user im dissapointed to say i cant wait anylonger for Spotify family to come out in Canada...

I think im going to look at Google Play Family plan just wondering if anyone had any feedback on it? Mostly use Spotify for my own offline playlists and now my wife would like the same so the same account but with 2 concurrent users connecting.

Thanks for any info / suggestions.

Unfortunately, as you'll find in the following thread full of equally frustrated people, Google is also dragging their heels in regards to the Family plan:

https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/msgid/play/4583d6c9-1e4f-41de-85d1-38affcafe5b...

The home page of Spotify Canada now has a section for the Family Plan at the bottom. There is a "Learn More" link, which is supposed to get you to http://www.spotify.com/ca-en/family, however it takes you to the home page again. If you go directly to that url, you get redirected to the home page.

Does this mean that the Family plan is finally available but Spotify screwed-up their website?

I need answers please!

Good catch, looks like a new addition. If they can get this going soon, I'll be jumping on the Spotify bandwagon, sorry Google!

Suggested posts