Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan subscription for Canada

Solved!

Family plan subscription for Canada

Is the Spotify Family plan available yet in Canada? 

My wife and I both have the free accounts and would like to switch to the family plan, however when we click on Upgrade, we don't see any kind of link to the family plan. 

Thanks

D

227 Replies

June 30th sounds good to me. I'm hopping on board with that. If no Canada family plan by June 30th I'm going with Apple Music.

I am not renewing my subscription unless premium comes to Canaday by this summer. Google Play Music it is for me.

That certainly makes sense to me. I'm totally underwhelmed by Spotify's
inability to deal with minor issues and totally opaque customer service and
I'd be happy to migrate to another option myself.

I didn't realize family plan was not available in Canada due to a deal with Rogers. Sadly, I'm going to cancel my plan and move to Google music too. Spouse and two kids... Wish I had know this sooner as I kept thinking family plan was coming soon.

Spotify better announce something soon.  We have been on google play music for a month, it is not as good as spotify but there is a family plan. If we don't hearsomethign from Spotify soon......  Google will get our money for the family plan, even if it is not the best product.

I hear you. I've been playing with a friends Google and it has everything and I like the way it works with Sonos. I'll miss a few playlists on Spotify but not much. And my family will get their own accounts! 🙂

Yup I switched to Google Music family plan a few months ago now and it took a little getting used to. But now I don't miss Spotify at all, I wouldn't go back now, not to mention I like the Google Music stations better.

The stations on google music a great for sure

My issue with google music family plan, each member in family plan can buy almost everything (WITHOUT approval)!!! 

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6294544?hl=en&ref_topic=6209538

I'll also be cancelling my subscription fairly soon, as I need a service that offers a family plan. I am disappointed that Spotify cannot offer tthis option to Canadians, so I'm going to have to go with either Apple Music or Google Play Music.

Beckins I would go for Google Music.  Easy to run from a little window at work with easy controls to play/pause, next track, that kind of thing.  My cubical neighbour has apple music but the interface is not the best on a windows machine.  If you are working on an apple machihe at work then it is a easy decision to go that way.

It sucks having to pick a second best because we can not have Spotify.

Any idea when this will be rolling out in Canada?  Will be switching to Google music in the next month or so if this doesnt happen.

It won’t. Spotify has an exclusive deal with Rogers for an unspecified time

I hit them up on the Spotify Cares account on Facebook.  I've done so a number of times.  I encourage you all to do the same.  The reply from the early June:

"Thanks for sending that information. We don’t have an exact date right now, but we look forward to introducing Premium for Family in Canada soon."

I feel if we bombard them enough they will have to look into this a bit deeper.

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/737178320282996736

That's the latest I have seen Spotify tweet about the family plan in Canada. It's sad. So many people asking, but so little done. I think we should keep tweeting at @SpotifyCares at least while we hang around with Spotify.. (sigh..)

Yeah I doubt Spotify or Rogers will release that (unspecified) info publicly anytime before the family plans are out for all. Oh how badly I hate Rogers and their "exclusive" deals. Makes me want to never go to them.

#Frustration #FirstWorldProblems

Oh.. I put an idea LOL. Sorry guys and gals for the multiple posts.

Up Vote anybody ??

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Family-Plans-in-Canada/idi-p/1379757#M18476

I will buy family package right now if it's available. & if not I couldn't be bothered to buy premium. My sirus contract is coming up for renewal soon... Just sayin.

If you are a Rogers customer in Canada, you can get a family plan.  If you aren't a Rogers customer in Canada (Bell, Telus, Shaw, MTS, SaskTel, etc), if you are Apple user get Apple Music, if you are an Android user get Google Music.  I can't speak for Apple, but I switched over the Google Music family plan ($14.99/mth for seperate 6 accounts, plus 10% off Apps from the Google Play store) and haven't looked back on Spotify.

Thanks a lot. I run with Android & telus so I guess I'll have to check out google & see. But only me & my boy run the android the rest are I-phone chumps! Lol.

Suggested posts