Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover

Forgot Username

Hi, I forgot my username for spotify original account, I can log in using facebook but I still do want to know my spotify original account username, where can I see the information about that? Can anyone help? Thanks

Kudos: 13,893
Solutions: 3,558

Re: Forgot Username

If your Facebook logs you into the same account with your playlists, you can view your original username on your online overview.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover

thank you

Music Fan

I know my password but I'm not connected to facebook and I forgot my username how do I log in ?
Kudos: 13,893
Solutions: 3,558

Enter your email address on the password reset page, the reset email contains your username and a link to reset the password if needed.

https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem as the initial user where I do not know my spotify username. I am connected via facebook but when i click login with facebook the message "It looks like you already have a Spotify account with the email (my email). Please login below." But when I put my email into the login area a popup appears that says "Forbidden character in username: @." 

Because I do not know my username I cannot login in via spotify, and when I try to log in with facebook it tells me that since I already have a spotify account I should log in below. Why is it not just logging me in when I try to log in with facebook?

Also, when I go to password reset it tells me "It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com." I changed my facebook password and this has done nothing to help the issue, and I cannot get a reset email so I cant get my username 

Have Fans Will Travel

@nwrusso Support can totally help you with this issue just fill in your details and you're set! 

You can contact support by filling this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it says it is no-reply) and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

Happy Spotifying!

Be sure to click "Accept As Solution" if I solved your issues and give me some kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star/Rising Star and how do I became one?

Announcements

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.