Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Solved!

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Hey Spotify,

Here's the situation: 

I have been a happy Spotify Premium customer for many months now. My computer's harddrive was replaced resulting in needing to reinstall Spotify. For the past week I have had Spotify working perfectly on my iPhone and signed in to my Premium account. Once I reinstalled Spotify onto my computer I could not remember my account password. I requested the password but have not recieved the email to reset it for many days. (It is not in a junk folder, I just haven't gotten it) Desperate to get it working, I signed in through Facebook. I think by doing this I have mistakenly opened a new account seperate from my old Spotify account. It does not have any of my playlists from my phone or any of my saved music on it. I thought if I signed up for Premium again on my computer account the info would be transfered from my iPhone. I think I stupidly signed up for two seperate Premium accounts and am now stuck paying for it on the account I cannot access because I lost the password and Spotify isn't responding to me. 

Why have I not receieved the email to reset my password? How do I access my account that isn't through FB? Can I cancel one of the accounts and get my money back for the Premium I have just mistakenly signed up for? (or could I put it towards a month in the future on the right account?)

Customer service has not responded to me so I hope to get answers from this. I wish Spotify has a customer service phone number.

PLEASE HELP! 

Thank you,

Sarah

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Silverstride420 

Check to make sure you are looking at the right email account, and also check your spam folder.

If you are still having trouble, contact support:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

67 Replies

Hey Sarahkw - I've just had a look at your account and it seems there was a minor typo in your "sarahkw" email address.

That would be why you never received that password message. Not to worry though, we can sort out these two accounts and the extra Premium subscription. 

Just keep an eye on your inbox for a note from me. 

Thanks! I am now writing to you from my correct account. Just waiting for the refund and I'm set.

Thanks for your help! 

Sarah

No help but I've got the same issue!

Hi onurb1 - As your Spotify account is linked to your Facebook account, you'll need to use your Facebook email and password to login. This is why you didn't recieve a reset email from us. 

If you need to reset your Facebook/ Spotify password you'll need to go through http://www.facebook.com/help/identify.php?ctx=recover

I have had Spotify for quite some time now and I love it!!!! I was logging in by Spotify log in. I forgot my pass and tried to recover via e-mail @ my e-mail address. The link never came nor is it in the Spam folder. I waited and decided to begin logging in with FB user/pass. I changed my Spotify user name also. I read the post that you replied to "Forgot password, not getting reset email" Now that I am logging in via Facebook do I have 2 accounts? I want to set new user and pass so that I won't have to go through FB to login. Short of uninstall/reinstall, how can I do this? Anybody? Thanks, J.Christopher

Hi Swamii007 - Sounds like you've definitely made two accounts here. First of all, it's not possible to change your account username. What most likely happened is you opened a whole new account via Facebook. 

Try entering your original username into this link: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

If you're still having trouble do you mind letting me know your original username?

Hi @Meredith,

Three days ago, I left home for the united kingdom. When i arrived here, I couldn't go on my main spotify account with my Facebook log in name [snip-mod edit-email] (On forums called L3ibii). So I thought of making a new spotify account to check out if there was something wrong with my main account. I was sliding through options of spotify on my mobile phone and suddenly I misclicked on "link with Facebook", I was like F damm that wasn't the meaning! After that I couldn't unlink my new spotify account with the log in name "[snip-mod edit-email]" (an old hotmail of mine) which I also suddenly noticed afterwards that this new mail isn't [snip-mod edit-email], but [snip-mod edit-email]. So after tons of trying, I noticed how much I screwed It up... I couldn't get on my own email because it is .de and not .com, so in short I entered an invalid email... When I logged in on my Facebook and after chose for log in spotify with Facebook, all my playlists etc were gone. And as name in spotify it said ilnna.. Oh god. So I linked a new account with an existing Facebook social account (in spotify I see for example my FB friends). in the meantime when i was trying to fix this issue by myself, which was with no success, i somehow made a new facebook account with - this time the correct email - "[snip-mod edit-email]", this account automaticly connected to spotify and got me a new spotify account. is it for you guys possible to remove this "[snip-mod edit-email]" called "milma idk" on spotify? I would like to have some kind of system recovery as you can do on your computer.

So now i'll sum it up:

1. Could you guys remove this unused account "[snip-mod edit-email]" From spotify?

2. When i connect to spotify from my original facebook account, i get referred to my new account called "ilnna" with all my playlists removed. When i look my main spotify account up in spotify, i can see it there with my original playlists! but i cant get on it!? So i would like, if it is possible, to have this new email called [snip-mod edit-email] (an invalid email - not possible to log in on it from hotmail.com) which is linked to my facebook account removed and of that to have [snip-mod edit-email] as mainmail for spotify. So i want access to my original account! This is so frustrating to see how I fkn messed it up and to see how dependent you are of the Spotify crew; i see that whatever happens to you from spotify, its not possible to fix it on your own. I hope this is possible for you guys to sort this all out. I will be waiting for a reply from up you guys. Thanks in advance and a happy new year already.

(ps: at account settings changing email from [snip-mod edit-email] to [snip-mod edit-email] says that this email is already in use... And, when I entered spotify with an invalid email, why didn't spotify ask, when I misclicked on "link this spotify account with Facebook" if that email is legit or not... Everyone is a human and making mistakes is normal. I am used to automatically type .com and forgot this email was .de, so that is my own stupid mistake back there, I agree)

Hi SIRdisappoited - We can certainly help here. 

However, in order to delete accounts, change email addreses, etc we need to confirm a few security details first. Of course this is best done via email and not on the public forums. 

If you send your message using the contact form we can sort this all out. 

i am currently using Facebook to log in to my account but i wish to recover my original spotify password as i no longer have access to the email account i was using when i set up spotify i have no way of resetting my password.

If you could get back to me with a solution that would help a lot thank you 🙂

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in recovery your password after confirming some security details. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having a very similar issue.  I joined Spotify yesterday and during registration I either:

1) Did not set a password at all, or

2) Set my password incorrectly

Either way, I cannot login because of this password issue.  I have requested a password reset numerous times, but have gotten nothing (email info is correct).  I then sent a help request email (to the "support team") similar to this request.  The response was a blanket statement with little valuable information.

What must I do to get my password reset?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hey Steve! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you reply directly to that automated email you got from support (even if its from no-reply), and post your case number here I'll escalate it to the staff for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your support.  Ironically, I could not respond initially because I could not login (to the community elsewhere).  Luckily, I tried the reset password function for the Nth time (1st time today) and it worked...problem fixed!

Again, I appreciate your help and glad to be up and running again.

Best,

Steve

Hi

I am having the same problem - I have forgotten my password and have tried the password reset system using both my email and my username - too many times to count. No email coming through.

I have managed to log into this community by using an alternate account - the free one. The account I cannot access is the premim account I am paying for.

I'm hoping you can help.

Thanks

@clareclem -- get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly. Make sure to include your username/email address of your Premium account.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have forgotten my password, but when I sent an email to reset my password I do not receive any reset mail. Pls help!

I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

@maryillescas wrote:

I have forgotten my password, but when I sent an email to reset my password I do not receive any reset mail. Pls help!

Hi I'm having a similar issue

I've just signed up for a free trial of spotify premium and have been trying to logon on my iphone. I've asked for a password and link to set up my account on my iphone to be sent through via email but I haven't received anything?

Thanks

What mobile device are you using? Have you checked your spam folder: if there's nothing there, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Suggested posts