Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gift card balance in my Family account not being deducted at new rate (14.99/mo)

Gift card balance in my Family account not being deducted at new rate (14.99/mo)

When i switched to a family plan (3 people) earlier this year, my gift card balance was good to keep my account going at $19.99/mo for many months before my credit card would be charged.

Now that the family plan has changed to a flat rate of $14.99 i expect my existing gift card balance to be deducted at the new rate. However, the date for my next credit card charge has remain unchanged. The next charge now shows as $14.99 instead of $19.99 but what about applying the new rate to my existing balance and showing me the revised date for my next cc charge?

3 Replies

Hi @andy318. The new pricing scheme won't take affect for existing accounts until their next renewal date. This means your account is currently subscribed to the $19.99 a /mo plan and won't switch over until next month when it expires. This is why you don't see a change right now, but you should see a change next renewal period. Please let me know if you have any question. Cheers!

hmm...That doesn't sound fair to me. Is there a way for me to avail of the newer pricing scheme sooner? What if i temporarily downgraded to a single user (Premium) and then upgraded to Family again?

You could cancel now and re-enroll, but that would ultimately change nothing as you'd retain the premium and only get charged the new price after it ran out. Changing your current subscription to the new pricing isn't possible, as you enrolled before the new pricing was available. Unfortunate, yes, I certainly understand, but they can't go back and apply the discounted price before it was a thing, because at that time, it wasn't a thing.

Suggested posts