Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP! - Want to downgrade Premium to free spotify on desktop, will i lose all my playlists?

Solved!

HELP! - Want to downgrade Premium to free spotify on desktop, will i lose all my playlists?

I am thinking about cancelling my premium subscription as i have noticed of late i am not really using spotify that much on my phone or ipad anymore, not enough to justify ยฃ10 a month.

I want to cancel the payment and downgrade to the free version or ad filled version for desktop only.

Would i lose access to the playlists etc i have already built up on my account?

Is this possible to do or will it cancel my account all together forcing me to open a new free version account?

Any help is apprechiated!

Thanks!

Mel

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey melissat88,

Don't worry, when you revert to the Free service you'll still keep your playlists and account. Just remember that you'll be back to hearing adverts and will lose mobile and offline access.

To change your subscription head here.

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi. All your playlists, starred tracks and so on should remain after cancelling. Just go to your subscription page to cancel your subscription.

edit:ugh, too slow ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey melissat88,

Don't worry, when you revert to the Free service you'll still keep your playlists and account. Just remember that you'll be back to hearing adverts and will lose mobile and offline access.

To change your subscription head here.

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares
Marked as solution

Hi. All your playlists, starred tracks and so on should remain after cancelling. Just go to your subscription page to cancel your subscription.

edit:ugh, too slow ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!!

Doesn't work๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

question if i want to later go back to premium what will happen 

Will you still be able to pick songs freely from your playlist(s)?

Hi My name is Mylene i have accidentally downgrade my spotify and now im hearing advertisements everytime i play spotify and i cannot play my playlist it say im offline so how will i go back to what i want? No advertisements and i can play my playlistnin order...please help

Suggested posts