Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Hacked] Spotify Premium Account

[Hacked] Spotify Premium Account

Hi Spotify Community,

Woke up today to find that I had lost my playlists along with a small number of friends and seeingbrand new playlist called "my hits" being created containing artists I don't listen to. 

I do believe I have been hacked and am wondering how I can get my playlists back. Also, I've registered Spotify via Facebook so does this mean my Facebook account is compromised as well? 

Thanks and hopefully someone will be able to help me recover my account soon. Also, could not find a link to Spotify Customer Support for this sort of thing. 

Thanks,

Aaron

4 Replies

Go to Facebook and revoke access and log out of any current sessions, and then change your password. If you have a Spotify account like I do, where you have two logins (a spotify login and a login through facebook), do what was already mentioned, and then reset your Spotify password. I also recomend contacting support right away, while you are trying these other steps, in the event that your options fail. With this kind of issue its best to be quick. Hope this helps!

Thank you, I've done exactly as you mentioned. I was beyond surprised when I saw that Spotify kept track of all my playlists and it was a simple matter of re-activating them right form my account page.

Password has been changed so hopefully this keeps those pests out of my account forever.

It seems quite a few people got hacked, or Spotify just screwed up our accounts today. I was logged out automatically today and I can't log back in. I can't even reset my password. Requests to customer service have been unanswered after 14 hours so far.

I had to create a new account just so I can post on this board...

If you recieved an automated message that says not to reply to it, reply to it anyways.

Suggested posts