Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! I was charged THREE times with spotify premium?

Help! I was charged THREE times with spotify premium?

I tried to do student discount, but I realized I wasn't eligible at the last minute because I haven't finished the enrollment process at my University yet, so I back out, but I checked that I was charged three times, because this happened twice with me trying to use the discount again, but the third time being the .99$ one which is correct. Will i ever get those 10$ that I lost back from being mistaken?

11 Replies

Please contact support (1):

They usually reply within 1-2 days.
You'll get an automated reply email, on which you need to reply back.

(1) https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Hi,

I've been charged three times during the past two and a half days on my Spotify student premium account. What do I have to do get a refund back? Or will these next two payments will be made for the next three months?

Hi AC2703,

I have checked your account and can confirm that the extra charges are just authorisations rather than full charges - these should be returned/released back to your bank in a few days.  I do not know why these extra authorisations are appearing (they seem to happen with some US discounts) but they will be removed by your bank.

Hi! 

So i tried to upgrade my free spoitfy account to the Student Discount one because i will be a college student this fall. When i tried to prove that i will be, it denied me. So i refreshed the page and tried again 2 more times just to make sure, anyways it denied me again both times and i went to check my back account to see if it has charged me, and it did. I see 3 payments of $5.40 pending. Can you confirm its just pending and won't actually charge me. Thanks!

Hi, I have the same problem. I only did the payment once and it passed but when I checked my bank account it had charged me three time. Please help

I have been charged three times for premium over the last few days. I pay through my phone bill via Boku. 

I signed up for the premium student discount yesterday and it charged my account $5.38 4 times. Someone please help. I need that money back.

I cannot believe Spotify's level of arrogance. No customer service phone number?! And when I submit an email informing them that I've been charged $64 for an account I didn't sign up for and I want the charge reversed, they have the audacity to email me back with "Check out our Help section to see what other people have done with similar issues."

NO SPOTIFY. It's not my responsibility to research how you screwed other people out of their money. It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO RESPECT YOUR CUSTOMERS ENOUGH TO OFFER A CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS YOUR CUSTOMER'S CONCERNS.

REVERSE THE CHARGE IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise, I will have to take this to the next level.

did they help you? i have the same problem

I am a college student and i did the student discount where u can get spotify premium and hulu for $4.99 plus tax. I put my credit card information in and they told me to resubmit the form because they couldnt find me and verify that i was a student. This happened three times and they charged me three times as well. I cancelled my subscription. how do i get my money back??! 

Hey you should contact Spotify on twitter

Suggested posts