Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help requested ref: duplicate payment for empty unused facebook linked account

Help requested ref: duplicate payment for empty unused facebook linked account

I have had a Spotify account for many years, with periods of paid-for subscriptions on & off.

I hadn't used it for a while & decided I would log in & re-subscribe for the Premium service.

When I entered my user name & tried what I thought was my password (but I'd forgotten it!) it prompted me to sign in using facebook with a message something like: "looks like you're trying to use a facebook account to login". This must have been because my original email that I'd used when setting up my account was the same one that is linked to my facebook account. So I signed in via facebook & went through the process of subscribing to Premium. However, when I went back to look at my playlists - they were empty!

I realised that this must have not been my "proper" account, therefore went through the process of going through previous emails & following links to re-set my password on my original "non-facebook" account.  I finally got back into my original account with all my saved music, but then I wasn't on Premium, so went through the process of subcribing again with this account. 

So - now I have made 2 payments of £9.99, one that I wanted & have been using, but the other for some duplicate account that I assumed would be somehow linked to my original account. As the duplicate facebook account is empty and unused I have emailed Spotify to request that I have the £9.99 either reimbursed or credited to my main account. I have had no reply & am quite confused as to how to go about contacting anyone in Customer Services / Accounts at Spotify.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

0 Replies

Suggested posts