Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove Spotify from my computer and remove my account from Spotify?

How can I remove Spotify from my computer and remove my account from Spotify?

5 Replies

Hi, here are instructions for removing Spotify on multiple operating systems. Just follow everything up to the point before it tells you how to reinstall.

If you have a Premium subscription that you want to cancel, here are the cancellation instructions.

You'll never be charged for a free account, but if you still want to delete that anyway, you will need to contact Spotify support via this Support Form.

Please reply to any automated emails (even if from a no-reply address) to speed up communication. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible; usually within 24 hours, but it can take longer depending on the number of support requests being worked on.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

One thing: I don't have Spotify in a menu bar.

And, I really want to remove all traces of me from the Spotify database if possible – just because I dislike it very much.

You can use the Support Form I mentioned to have your account totally deleted. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you don't have Spotify in a menu bar, though. What operating system are you using?

dinomightSpotify Star

There is no com.spotify.Client folder. There is no Application Support folder. (Mac, Lion.)

Support told me (in the form of "Paul") that they had deactivated my account. Nevertheless it is still active. 

Support does not answer questions.

Do you have a case number? If so, I can pass this along for someone to look into.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts