Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I cancel a free 7-day Premium subscription?

Solved!

How do I cancel a free 7-day Premium subscription?

I've been trying to cancel the 7 day premium subscription, but there's no option I see at all to cancel it.

All I see is this when I go to Manage my account/subscriptions

Screenshot 1

I understand that it's free, but I know that a 30-day trial, you have to pay after the 30 days unless you cancel during the free trial. Will I really have to pay unless I cancel this, or will it just return me to a Spotify Free account?

I don't recall having to put in credit card info, because it had been on my mobile device. (I accidentally clicked the button to get me the 7 day trial... my bad )

79 Replies

Yeah,but is it free during the 7 day trials?

So you're saying that its not free during the 7-day trials?

@user-removed wrote:

So you're saying that its not free during the 7-day trials?

A free trial is... you guessed it: free! 🙂

The 7 day trial is offered when you log in your mobile app for the first time.

It doesn't require Payment details, since you will drop back to a Free account after the 7 days.

Actually,the spotify community just sent me a gmail and they said it is completley free,during AND after the 7-day trial!Yaaaaaaay!

Just clicked on free trial by accident, this is the 7 day free by the way, will it end after 7 days and not charge me, as some free trials caryy over, please help me

@Zakkingwell18 wrote:
Just clicked on free trial by accident, this is the 7 day free by the way, will it end after 7 days and not charge me, as some free trialscaryy over, please help me

No need to worry. You will not be charged after 7 days and you do not have to cancel either.
After 7 days you will just revert to a Free account.

The only trial that changes into a subscription if you do not cancel before it runs out is the 30 days trial.
But you have to set up your payment details for that anyway- so that doesn't come as a surprise. 😉

Thank you for the help, I was panicking

I am doing the premium free trial.I had read it will charge me £9.99 after this.I want to cancel it.please help me

@Lisacarlasimonj wrote:
I am doing the premium free trial.I had read it will charge me £9.99 after this.I want to cancel it.please help me

Hello!
You can do that from the Account page.

What do I go to in the account page?

Do I just cancel my account?

@Lisacarlasimonj wrote:
Do I just cancel my account?

There should be a link under the 'Update info' button that says: "Cancel your subscription".

Click on it and confirm the next steps.

Your account will drop back to a Free account but you will keep all your playlists and can still listen to music - just with ads / low quality. 😉

It just says about my premium subscription when I go to the link.it's my mobile that I'm using

When I go to the link for my account it only says free trial 7 days premium wae a tick beside it n underneath it says if I don't cancel within a certain time I will get charged and under that it says subscription

@Lisacarlasimonj wrote:
When I go to the link for my account it only says free trial 7 days premium wae a tick beside it n underneath it says if I don't cancel within a certain time I will get charged and under that it says subscription

Did you even type in your payment details anywhere on the Spotify website (like credit card, Paypal, etc)?

If you did not, then you're definitely "only" on the 7 days trial and will not get charged afterwards.

After 7 days it will just run out and you will drop back to a Free member - no need to cancel that 7 days trial.

I accidently clicked on the 7 day trial. After 7 days will i be charged or will it just ask me to renew my subscription or something like that? Im really not sure so please can someone help me??!?!?

Hey @MLGinger

No you wont be charged after the 7 Day trial ends 🙂

If you never provided your Credit card or went through a iTunes in-app prufchase you wont be charged 🙂

Thanks a lot i was panicking a bit about this. So after 7 days it will just tell me that my free trial is over and that i will have to renew my subsciption if i wish to continue having the premium version? Once again, thanks a lot

@MLGinger

No Problem 🙂

I am not 100% sure whether it will tell you anything (I used it so long ago i cant even remeber) but it womt charge you, but I hope you enjoy the 7 days of premium 🙂

Thanks a lot this really helped and i will enjoy the next 7 days 🙂

Suggested posts