Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I compltely close my acount?

Solved!

How do I compltely close my acount?

I find no place in here to close my account. I set up a free one but as there is no way to untangle the two wish to completely close the account.

58 Replies

@teddie_wahlin 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

there is not an option for clicking on 'About Us' above.

@dswake 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Wow, it's 2015 and there's still no way for a user to close their account autonomously. This is a basic feature of any online service. I can't believe I have to contact a rep to close my account...

Hey, can someone help me close my account please? This is a nightmare.

Hello @chunk welcome to the community!

What can I help you with?

Hey, I need help closing my account. I've filled out the form, got the email, but none of it has been any help. Any ideas?

Why do you want to close your account?

If you want to close it due to a problem with your account/spotify we can help you.

@chunk 

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I cannot cancel my account, seeing as I never set it up.   Yet I am getting charged  $9.99 a month.   This company does not have a support line you can call.   I cannot even enter a post here, or contact  support with out first creating an account.

I JUST WANT TO CANCEL THE ACCOUNT IN MY NAME

@SRE28 

Support:

MattSudaSpotify Star

@OOviiiOne I'm just not happy with it. It was a trial to see if I preffered it to disc and vinyl, and I dont'. Therefore I want to delete my account completely.

@chunk 

To delete your account, you will have to contact support

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have been trying for over an hour now to delete this stupid account. Clicked on a contact form, clicked on delete and it took me straight back to the contact form. Going round in circles!! I just want my account closed, so I can open a new one through Vodafone, as I have a 6 monthpremium subscription through my contract.....it won't let me have this until all other accounts are disabled!! Please just have a stupid "delete account" button somewhere!!

I want to to close my account too... I have filled an online form 4 times, recieved the auto email saying that they "will look in to it" and nothing. If I don't have this fix soon, I will file a complaint to the company through Consumer Affairs.

it doesn't work anymore

i want my spotify account permanently close

Hey Rumplestiltskin:

I don't want to give you my date of birth, my zip code and 3 playlists to close an account i set up 4 years ago and never used. Just give me a button to close it. What kind of **bleep** company won't let you leave?

> If you’re sure you want your account closed, we just need you to verify

> you’re the account holder by confirming the following details:

>    Date of birth

>    Zip code

>    Names of 3 personal playlists

I close my account and y'all still taking money off my card.

Suggested posts