Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete a Spotify account?

Solved!

How do I delete a Spotify account?

Hi there, 

I am not succesful in finding a way to delete my Spotify account. I do not wish to use the service any more, which until now has been a delight without any trouble. However I do wish to delete my account completely instead of just uninstalling the programme, which I already have done. 

I signed up to Free Spotify using my Facebook account which is still in use. 

Hoping someone can help me! 🙂 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Sofie,

Firstly, though I hate giving replies that don't simply answer the question, It would probably better to just not use your account rather than delete it. That way if you ever decide you want to use Spotify in the future, you will not have to bother registering again and will still have any playlists you made.

If the issue is that you want to disconnect from facebook or stop being emailed by Spotify, that can be done without deleting your account, and can be done much faster because you wont have to wait for a support reply. If there is something like this I can help you with, just mention what it is.

If you really do want you account deleted, you can fill out the contact form here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

They should respond within at most 48 hours.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Sofie,

Firstly, though I hate giving replies that don't simply answer the question, It would probably better to just not use your account rather than delete it. That way if you ever decide you want to use Spotify in the future, you will not have to bother registering again and will still have any playlists you made.

If the issue is that you want to disconnect from facebook or stop being emailed by Spotify, that can be done without deleting your account, and can be done much faster because you wont have to wait for a support reply. If there is something like this I can help you with, just mention what it is.

If you really do want you account deleted, you can fill out the contact form here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

They should respond within at most 48 hours.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Thank you very much for the help! 🙂

I would also like to delete my Spotify account completely. I have tried the contact form twice and all I get is an email basically telling me to ask the Spotify community. Is there a way to actually delete Spotify?

I Would like to delete my spotify account I replied at least two times and they replied to ask spotify community? Please help. Btw how do u delete your spotify account ?

Hey there @megatron128 and @Vaness1, welcome to the community!

If you reply to those automated e-mails that are directing you back to the community and still haven't receive a response, let me know the case number and I will escalate them so you guys can be connected with the right team! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I cannot find the emails in my inbox anymore so I don't know the case number... I could try the same contact form again, but I can't find it...

I am trying to delete my spotify account. When I click on the contact form that everyone says to use, I go through the selected options and end up on a page with information. The information says that if you want to delete the account, go to the contact form. It's a circle! The contact form ends back at the contact form. So I've wasted 30 minutes on internet searches and I still have an account that I want to be deleted. Furthermore, Spotify tech support refuses to provide any assistance. PLEASE HELP!

I have got a free trial on this but dont listen enuff to pay for it how can i delete my account before i get charged i have tryed to find the way it says as i am on my phone but cant find it anywhere please help

Hey guys,

Let me start by welcoming you to the Spotify Community. We're here to help 🙂

The best place to head to would be the Spotify contact form at https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/. The team here will be able to get to the bottom of this.

@user-removed Were you able to get an email sent through to our team? It sounds as though you may have received an automated reply if so. If that is the case, just reply back to it and the right team will get your email. If you've not been able to get though to them, could you send me a screenshot of the page that you're getting to when following through the contact form steps?

I'm sure we'll be able to help you both out.

my facebook keeps wanting to connect to a very very old spotify account and i want to go to my new one!!!! soo upset about this

You guys are creating a F infinit loop which is annoying. 

You ask us to contact the customer support for delete/disconnect our account with facebook

then the auto-email back asking us to go back asking in the community. WTF?

I don't get why is this so difficult to have a already made option, and you guys have to deal this almost everyday question

I my issue is that my Facebook account has its own page and I have another account open. I want to delete my 30 day free trial and keep my premium account

Tminter9 is my premium account

Spotify makes it nearly impossible to delete an account! I would like my account deleted! I do not want to have a Spotify account! It is ridiculous how when asked to delete an account you try to keep us even against our wishes. Please delete my account. When you go to contact form their is no drop down. So how do I delete my account?

I'm trying to delete my account as well, but everytime I try to click on the link to delete the account, it takes me back to the starting page...

What do I need to do?

Hi adisib: There doesn't seem to be a form or any way to reach spotify via the link you've provided, unless i'm missing something?! I would like to change my username, but that isn't possible, so I'd like to start over. Any help to delete my account is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Jason: There doesn't appear to be any way to reach spotify at https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/. Any other ideas? I'd like to delete my account because unfortunately spotify doesn't allow users to change their username, and I'd like to use another username. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I'm having the same issue. I don't like having my profile being held hostage. Delete my account or make it easy. What a sham operation. I'll spread the word on how Spotify operates.

Suggested posts