Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn Shuffle mode OFF on my Android device? No toggle switch in playlist mode.

How do I turn Shuffle mode OFF on my Android device? No toggle switch in playlist mode.

15 Replies

Click on the small album cover at the bottom to go to cover view and you'll see the two toggles there, one for shuffle and one for repeat.

Thanks, saw those and have played with them but one level higher Suffle play remains under the download bar. Can't turn it off there.

Erm, that's so you can shuffle and play the playlist with one tap instead of the old way which was to play a track and then tap shuffle. 

My spotify got put in shuffle some how and it was seriously irritating me.  Thank you, should have been able to figure this one out myself 😉

Thank you. That was driving me round the bend too!

Thank you so much...it was driving my batty!!

I'm sorry I must be a bit dense, but I found the shuffle icon under the album cover at the foot of the screen but I can't turn it off and I can't access it any other way on my Android phone. Any help would be great thanks.

I think you cant turn it off if you are in the already in the middle of a shuffle.  Try starting again and then turn it off.

thanks Joe for original Answer.

Googie09, did you try swiping upwards first?

On my Android Spotify App, when I click a playlist, I then see the cover image of the list and the large "shuffle" button at the bottom of the screen. I then swipe up and this reveals the songs in the playlist. When I now tap the first song in the list, the playlist starts and order is kept (no shuffle).

If you are already playing the list in shuffle mode, I think there are 2 ways to turn off shuffle:

1) Click on any song in the playlist (e.g. the first one) to restart play from there without shuffle.

2) Toggle the shuffle icon. The shuffle icon (as opposed to the large shuffle button to start play), you can find on the playing song's detail page: tap the currently playing song at the bottom of the screen, then on the detail page that opens, on the left to the playback buttons is the shuffle icon.

To turn off shuffle play I selected the spotify premium trial for 7 days After downloading done it allowed me to turn off icon for shuffle play I have a Android phone. Spotify you need to do better than this if you want to keep your customers. Very frustrating. I hope my info is helpful to some.

Thanks.

Nothing worse than trying to follow Hamilton (the musical) in shuffle mode.

Spotify should be shot for hiding this setting. it is a disgraceful way of hiding the paid promotion of certain tracks.

OK will try this but don't want to get stuffed for Premium payments.

I go to turn the shuffle off but it is highlighted green and says it's is a premium option only? Surely turning shuffle off can't be only for premium subscribers?

All of these are great answers but a company who is making AS MUCH MONEY as Spotify should give an option to SIMPLY TURN OFF SHUFFLE EVERYWHERE.

I am actively looking for a music download company that offers this feature and when I find it I will cancel Spotify.

On my samsung device, it has got it stuck on shuffle mode. I tap the shuffle button to try to turn off shuffle but it says i have to upgrade to premium to do that, however spotify works perfectly fine on my other devices. Also, when i look at connecting to my phone from another device, under my phone, it says "premium users only". Is there a way to stop this from happening without upgrading to premium? 

Suggested posts