Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How many mobile devices can I connect with premium?

Solved!

How many mobile devices can I connect with premium?

I have got a premium account. Can I connect more than one mobile phone with my account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks!

Currently, you can log in and listen to Spotify on as many devices as you like, but you can only play on one device at a time with one account.

Additionally, you can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can read more info about this here

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

14 Replies

You can use three devices in total 🙂

Community Ergo Sum

I have premium and would like to use it on four devices- PC, laptop, phone and tablet. How can I make this happen? Thanks for your help

@ebartells wrote:
I have premium and would like to use it on four devices- PC, laptop, phone and tablet. How can I make this happen? Thanks for your help

You can sign in and use Spotify premium on as many devices as you like. The limitation comes when you try to sync content to offline playlists, which you can only do on 3 devices, with a maximum of 3,333 tracks on each device. If your PC is always connected to the Internet then there is no need to sync content offline to that device, so then you can use your offline sync on the other three 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Why I Can't use more than one device at a time? How can you make it work for at least 3 devices ?

My wife can listen but if IM in a different room or garage IM screwed.

I barely got my premium upgrade please don't make me cancel before the trial ends.

You're paying for one subscription at the moment but if you buy a premium subscription for your wife too, you'll both be able to listen at the same time. 

@ordz11 wrote:

Why I Can't use more than one device at a time? How can you make it work for at least 3 devices ?

My wife can listen but if IM in a different room or garage IM screwed.

I barely got my premium upgrade please don't make me cancel before the trial ends.

To answer your question of why, just think about it for a minute. 

Spotify is licensed for personal usage only, so that in itself means a) each person should have their own account b) you are not allowed to share accounts. Since you physically can't be in two places at the same time, you can only have one active stream per account, that way it stops people sharing accounts which would be a loss of licensing costs. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi - thanks for the info on # of devices for mobile and off line content. 

Question: I plan on getting a new mobile phone in a month or so. My current mobile is used for offline content, so it counts toward my 3.  What happens when I get the new phone and the old one is no longer in use for offline content? I want to be sure I always have my quota of 3 devices for offline content.

Thanks!!

On your laptop and PC it is already premium and you can have up to 3 devices on premium so just make another account for your laptop and PC

Really. This is confusing. It makes it sound like you can have more users. Like up to 4. Like a family account. No we're all fighting for music and changing each other's songs. I can get everybody their own premium Pandora for almost the same price.

I used to hate that about spotify,then apple came with music and I got up
to 6 devices for the same price, now even have amazon music that comes
included with prime. spotify was really expensive considering the
competition.

I used to hate that about spotify,then apple came with music and I got up
to 6 devices for the same price, now even have amazon music that comes
included with prime. spotify was really expensive considering the
competition.

The answer is clearly that you can only use spotify on one device at a time. I wish the Spotify team would comment on the WHY... Personally, I like to listen to a podcast and music at the same time on different devices. But spotify makes this impossible... 

Hey all!

We're here to announce that we've raised the limit to 10.000 song on 5 devices!

Happy listening 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey there folks!

Currently, you can log in and listen to Spotify on as many devices as you like, but you can only play on one device at a time with one account.

Additionally, you can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can read more info about this here

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts