Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to cancel a premium subscription?

Solved!

How to cancel a premium subscription?

I have been given free spotify premium by my phonecompany, but in order for them to set up my free account I need to cancel my already existing account. My accounts subscription page does not have a cancel subscription on it, how can I fix this?

Kat

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Katharina01 - It looks like you applied a 6 month Gift card to your account in December. As you didn't set up a subscription, your account will revert to the free version when this Premium runs out, on the 22/6/2013. You don't need to cancel anything.

Once your account is free and you start hearing adverts again, you'll be able to add your new Premium. You'll just have to wait until the 22nd before you can add it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@user-removed - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate this further for you. I am sure there is an honest explanation to why you have been billed. Just out of curiousity, do you have the confirmation email which you receive once your subscription is terminated? 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

@Katharina01 wrote:

I have been given free spotify premium by my phonecompany, but in order for them to set up my free account I need to cancel my already existing account. My accounts subscription page does not have a cancel subscription on it, how can I fix this?

Kat

Are you already a premium subcriber? If so, then go to https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/cancel/ to cancel it, if not then you don't have a subscription to cancel 😛

Liam

Just so you know, I had to edit that post a few times to get the correct link - the correct link is there now 🙂

Liam

I am a premium subscriper, but  it expires on 22.06.13. Is that why it wont let me cancel the subscription? I rather not loose any playlists or anything because of this.

Marked as solution

Katharina01 - It looks like you applied a 6 month Gift card to your account in December. As you didn't set up a subscription, your account will revert to the free version when this Premium runs out, on the 22/6/2013. You don't need to cancel anything.

Once your account is free and you start hearing adverts again, you'll be able to add your new Premium. You'll just have to wait until the 22nd before you can add it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I canceled my Premium subscription in February (end of February), it said (& still does) my subscription will be "free account" on 3/10/14. I just logged into my bank account, and saw a charge for another month of Premium, and on a reported STOLEN credit card!!!  I'm already going to discuss this with my bank in the morning (Monday Morning) to report this transaction.  I canceled this subscription because I couldn't afford it anymore (as I posted in your questionaire, and I still got charged.  Needless to say I'm NOT happy with how your company runs this.  I called the phone number found on my bank account transaction, can't even leave a message, talk to anyone, just telling us to goto http://www.spotify.com/about/us which does not exsist.  Shall I report it as fraud that it is?  RESOLVE THIS SPOTIFY BEFORE I TURN IT INTO THE POLICE FOR FRAUD!

Marked as solution

@user-removed - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate this further for you. I am sure there is an honest explanation to why you have been billed. Just out of curiousity, do you have the confirmation email which you receive once your subscription is terminated? 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks for getting me this information and getting back to me!  I filled out the form you suggested!  I checked for the email, I will check on my spam folder.  However, should be ok considering that even in my account settings, it shows that its scheduled for ending premium on 3/10/14...if this is the case, why would they still bill me?  I'm hoping that your advice works, I LOVE spotify, just at the curent moment, can't afford premium, hoping to soon!

Tim Reed

PS couldn't find the email. 

Hi Tim,

I've double checked this for you and I can see that your case is in the queue and that one of our advisors will be in touch shortly 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thanks Jamie!  I appreciate all the help !

Tim Reed

Hi

I hope you can help, I’m having trouble unsubscribing to Sportify Premium can you please advise why every time I click on any of the reasons listed on the page it comes up with an Oops error 

https://www.spotify.com/fi/account/subscription/cancel/why/?error=2

I trust you will be able to help. 

Regards

Ivan Warwick

Have you tried another browser to snubscribe.

Yes I tried Google Crome and IE9 both returned with same result.

Could you just paste what it shows under Subscription Status on this page?

I wont to cancel .. HOW ??? I was charged twice,, Spotify I have a budget. You charged me twice and I'm told there will be no charge next month.. I dont do business with crooks that draw intrest off of my money.. Hey one million $10 Thats a good sceam..2% intrest on 10 mill. LOL HOW DO I GET OUT .. Im going back to the other guys. Who never double dipped. will I get an answer???

@billyhoosierdad Double payments are usually the result of people setting up two accounts by mistake. If you get in touch here, the payment team will be happy to sort this out for you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I have tried to cancel my premium Spotify account and I get to the last step where it asks me to verify using my Facebook acount, then says ooppps, something went wrong.  I think the app is clunky, and it bogs down my phone, also doesn't really work like I thought it would, I haven't used it in months and would like to stop paying 10$ a month for nothing!  Please cancel my account!

@droppinghammer - If you are having issues cancelling your subscription, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to do it manually for you. 

Peter

my premium subscription will end this coming JULY 17, 2016 and it seems they said they can cancel anytime but there's no cancelation subscription that appears on my page i want to cancel my premium cause it automatically charge to my credit card how can i fix this?

Suggested posts