Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to copy playlist from one family account member to another?

How to copy playlist from one family account member to another?

Hello all.

I just upgraded to a family account. Now I would like to know how I could copy some playlist from my account to the new account of my wife.

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Hans

6 Replies

Hi @hgaedke. The answer really depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If she simply wants to listen to the playlist then you can share the playlist (right click the playlist on desktop) and send it to her so she can follow it. If you want to share editing privileges, then you can share it to her and she can follow it, but then right click on the playlist again and set it to "collaborative." Keep in mind collaborative playlists can be edited by anyone that follows them. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you're looking for another solution. Cheers!

Thx a lot for your reply! It helped me a lot!

Hmmmm.... I think that this is a workaround, only.

Today I really google'd a lot and tried everything in the Spotify clients (Webplayer, Android), but it seems there is no transfer functionality for playlists when the master account creates family sub accounts. What I'm looking for is a right-click on a playlist that shows up as "Transfer this playlist to family member XYZ"), or some menu in the family account management where I can give away my playlists to a new family member.

Another point is privacy. Giving away playlists (instead of using shared playlists between master account and sub accounts) hinders the master account from further looking into family members' playlists 😉

Hi @listener42. That's not a feature currently, but if you'd like you can submit your idea here for review and possible implementation.

Hello LordRollin, thanks for your reply!

Good idea, I submitted my proposal.

Hi LordRollin, just tried what you said, using "send to", but "Send" stays "dimmed out". If I click in the box below, the person I'm sending to in the box above just disappears.

Suggested posts