Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to downgrade family plan

How to downgrade family plan

Hi, 

I'm currently using spotify premiun in a family plan for me + 2

I want to downgrade my account to only have me + 1, but I dont find a way to do it, can yu please explain me how.

Cheers.

5 Replies

@bismarck

You will first have to cancel your family plan, through the website. Doing so will cancel your subscription, but you will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe as you want (you + 1) to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew when it's time.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@osomios

Thanks for your help.

I just cancel my suscription, so I look for the premiun again and... its the same I can only suscribe for the same package I had "me + 2" but not the option of "me+1"

So it looks is one of those things where the company wants you to stick with something you dont want.

@bismarck

When is your Premium ending? You should wait until you're Free again and the option should appear.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks again for the help osomios.

My suscription ends on the 15th of this month, I guess I`ll have to wait. Just hope I dont lose my offline songs and lists.

Cheers!

@bismarck

All your current Family plan accounts should become Free on May 15.

Once that happens, just go to spotify.com/family

Login with the account that's gonna pay and select 'Me + 1 family members'.

Try putting your devices in Offline Mode a day or two before your account changes to Free. Wait until the whole process is finished to make them connect to Spotify again. Hopefully your songs will still be in cache and you won't have to redownload everything again. 

Spotify is aware of the inconvenience of this process. Hopefully an update will come to make removing family members easy.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts