Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have a premium account but suddenly can only access the free service?

I have a premium account but suddenly can only access the free service?

This afternoon spotify suddenly started playing adverts! Went to my account settings it says I have a free account. Have tried logging out and logging in again. Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Neither worked. Went online and it says that I have a premium account, which expires at the end of this month, but it is still current. Please help!
15 Replies

I´ve successfully escalated your issue and an agent should get in contact with you soon.

UPDATE: Actually I´ve seen many users having this problem and here´s what to do:

Go on 

https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/premium/cancel/   and cancel your subscriptions, wait some mins now upgrade again, that should do the magic.

Any other issue?

I have the same problem since today

@sverre1997 I´d recommend you follow the same instructions I gave above, did this help you?

The problem is that I'm member of a spotify family and I'm not the admin. The rest of the fam is still in premium... How could this happen? Also, everything is already working just fine for about 4 months, that makes it even more odd...

Of cours I will try your solution with the admin account, but still, This should not happen, I payed so I would like to have my premium account without any problems.

I mean, I did not even get an email about my "downgrade"

Thanks for fast reply!

There has to be a better solution than cancelling my family account and resubscribing.  Something obviously happened on the Spotify sidethat invalidated these accounts and needs fixed.

if i cancel, wont i lose all playlists?Seems like a scary fix

Either way, an agent should get in touch with you soon. If you cancel you won´t lose your playlist don´t worry. By the large amount of users facing this problem Support is already looking into this issue.

Thanks for help. Went to subscription page as instructed. It confirms I have a premium account but there is no way to cancel the subscription. The only option is to subscribe. I have clicked this and nothing happens?

@Tphwoodton Now, this is weird /: But don´t worry! I´ve successfully escalated your issue and an agent should get in contact with you soon.

Hey guys, this is currently being looked into.

Updates will be posted here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Premium-dropped-to-free-Post-Here/t...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have no way to cancel or upgrade even though I've had premium for months. I'm leaving for vacation and need to access my music. Any other way to get a solution besides just posting on this forum or sending a request?

This is what several users are seeing, no way to unsubscribe, no way to subscribe back to premium. Just stuck on this page. :'( boooo

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 12.21.56 PM.png

According to https://support.spotify.com

Spotify is aware of a service issue and they are working on a fix

Premium dropped to free? Post Here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have premium and it worked this morning, all of a sudden my spotify went to free... Logged in and out a couple times, reset my phone and closed da app... What do I do?

I have premium and have for almost a year. Auto payments. Now its says I am a free subscriber yet I just got billed last week for primium. I think I may just cancel spotify all together. Their customer service sucks and they have no number to talk to a human. Suck BS from a large service. guess I will make the switch to the itunes app.

Suggested posts