Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

350 Replies

well, it appears to be my correct account now, but I'm still getting a feed of what people are listening to from the wrong account. it's still linking to the account it shouldn't be linked too. 

Hey there!

You might want to check your People List (option on the left hand side) and see if you are connected to these people. If they show up, right click on them and select "Remove this person". This should stop them from showing up on the left hand side.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello, I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account as well. Could you help me out? Thanks!

I have a free account I use (username: Ikewood) that is connected to my facebook account. My friend (username: jiggajones, I am using this to post) loged into spotify on my phone and has since connected the two accounts. I have disconnected them but my inbox still shows it is his. How can I fix this? 

Hello, the problem is solved thank you very much, i would like to stop recieving mails or news from this forum please.

Thank you!

Same problem here. My boyfriends Facebook account somehow got connected to my Spotify. It'd be very nice of you if you could unconnect it. Thanks!

Hi!

I have somewhat the same problem. I am trying too register a new premium account and connecting this to my sons Facebook and e-mail adress.

he has been using my other premium account. when I try the do this I get that his e-mailadress is allready in use in Spotify (through my other account).

What to do?

He is not signed in at the time I am trying to do this.

Best regards 

Christian

Hi - my spotify account is wrongly connected to my sisters facebook account. I was using her computer when I opened up my spotify account and because her fb was open in another window it automatically connected with her details.

Have no idea how to change it - can you please help me?

DV79 - Done. Just log in with the username 'doavon' and you should be fine.

Kitte - Your two accounts share the same email addresses. This is quite unusual. If you'd like to create another account for your son, it will have to be from a different email address.

115107934 - Looks like you might have to contact Customer Support here, as we'd need to take a few personal details before we can do anything. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Poor old 115107934. Another example of Facebook integration making everyone's life easier.

Use YOUR Spotify account on someone else's computer or smartphone at your peril!

Hi!
Well the account I have is in my name and my emailadress. I try to create a new account in his name using his email but it say it is in use. Same thing if I try my email. So one account share two emailadresses not two accounts and one email. If you can dissconect his email from my account it would be great.

Thanks

I de-activated my old Facebook account wich I had originally associated spotify to and created a new one, however Spotify is still linked to my old Facebook account. What can I do to link spotify to my new account?

Dpatton38 - I think you'll need to get in touch with Customer Support here, as we'll need some security details before doing anything. Just head to 'About us', then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have this same problem. My account should be attached to Melanie Yow Lamberson, and instead it is attached to my husband's facebook. Can you help, please?

@mellybean1 wrote:

I have this same problem. My account should be attached to Melanie Yow Lamberson, and instead it is attached to my husband's facebook. Can you help, please?

This should fix it:
1. Disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.
You can do this in your Spotify Preferences (Spotify » Preferences in Mac and Edit » Preferences in Windows)
2. Exit Spotify.
3. Log in to your Facebook account in your web browser.
4. Run Spotify again and reconnect to Facebook.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Still waiting for a solution...

Hey kitte, sorry your post was overlooked. Remember you can always get in touch through our contact form to hear back from us as quickly as possible.

Since we'd need to compare the different email addresses that are in use here we will need you to fill out that contact form. If you get a case reference number let us know and I'll chase it up.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Ok.
Did it.
Ref no: 516746

Thx
Kitte

I have the same problem, my friends facebook account is now connected to my spotify! Would be nice if I could get some help with that! 🙂 /Lisa

@lisa_österlund wrote:

I have the same problem, my friends facebook account is now connected to my spotify! Would be nice if I could get some help with that! 🙂 /Lisa

I can't see any Facebook profile attached to your Spotify account at the moment. Have you managed to disconnect already?

Suggested posts