Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

350 Replies

Please could I disconnect my facebook? I have a new one and I would like to just use my spotify login? I don't have one but could I please Have one set up. The facebook app on iOS is annoying for using spotify premium....

is it possible? 

No. Spotify won't allow you to use it without Facebook, they've sold out to them.

and i used my new facebook to post... silly me..... Can't a moderator sort it out for me?

If you didn't sign up before September 22nd 2011, no, you will not be using Spotify without Facebook.

Janapexo/bobbo - As you created your Spotify accounts through your 2 different Facebook accounts, you won't be able to disconnect either from Facebook.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, I logged in to my spotify-acount from a friends computer and somhow hers facebook och my spotify acount are now connected.

I have found the option to disconnect facebook under Preferences but it does not work!

She can not listen to her spotify the same time as I am and vice versa.

What to do to get rid of the "facebook-virus"?!?!?

/Irrblosset

Irrblosset - Just disconnected that Facebook from your Spotify for you. Should be sorted.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@Sam wrote:
Irrblosset - Just disconnected that Facebook from your Spotify for you. Should be sorted.

Cant reach my friend right now to check if it worked, but assuming it did; thanks!

Hi!

Could some nice moderator disconnect the facebook account that is connected to my spotify account? My sister borrowd my account and I can't figure out how to disconnect it. Last time I tryd to disconnect it was a couple of mounths ago and I gave up back then. So please disconnect the account so I can connect my.

@worldwalker wrote:

Hi!

Could some nice moderator disconnect the facebook account that is connected to my spotify account? My sister borrowd my account and I can't figure out how to disconnect it. Last time I tryd to disconnect it was a couple of mounths ago and I gave up back then. So please disconnect the account so I can connect my.

Ok done. For reference, the connecting/disconnecting can be done under Edit > Preferences (in Windows)

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I accidentally linked my friend's facebook to my spotify account and I wish for the two to be disconnected.

@cloudsk wrote:

I accidentally linked my friend's facebook to my spotify account and I wish for the two to be disconnected.

Your account doesn't appear to be linked to a FB profile at the moment. Did this get sorted?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi, my daughter's Facebook account is now associated with my Premium Spotify account. Could somebody please disconnect it as  you did for "zeppelin13"..

Many thanks.

Windi64 - Looks like you've managed to disconnect them. All working well?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I had this problem too. How do I prevent it from happening again? How do other people's Facebook acounts get linked to my Spotify account? I hate the Fcebook tie in Spotify, it is creepy. 

Could I have my account disconnected too please? Thanks.

@ssboater wrote:

Could I have my account disconnected too please? Thanks.

OK, done.

Not really working well.. My daughters name still appears in all of my playlists and when I go to settings to log out it asks me if I want to log out of "my daughters name". Its as though her Facebook account has taken over my original spotify account.

@Windi64 wrote:

Not really working well.. My daughters name still appears in all of my playlists and when I go to settings to log out it asks me if I want to log out of "my daughters name". Its as though her Facebook account has taken over my original spotify account.

Your account doesn't appear to be connected to any FB profile at the moment. You are just logging in with 'wini64' as the username, right? Rather than anything else?

I would like to have a stand-alone spotify account, without it being connected to my facebook.  I would also like to change the email address that is currently associated with it.  Please help.  Thank you.  

Suggested posts