Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm connecting to random people

I'm connecting to random people

I'm having recently a LOT of problems with Spotify.

Right now someone played a music on my computer. Someone RANDOM!. A music that I never listen to. This happened few times during the last 2 weeks.

Few days ago I was connected to someone else's phone. Also I was controlling someone else's iPad. 

What the hell is going on Spotify ?!? Please, this is a major issue!

I even was NOT connected to Wi-Fi, when someone changed my music on my Nexus 5. I was listening to a radio station while driving in a different city.

I have some proofs, of course.

"Paurvi's MacBook pro" is unknown to me.

"iPad di Ernesto" - too!!!

I've never played "Booba" artist.

There were few others. Randomly I open Spotify app and see Radio stations that I _never_ listened to. Never.

I tried disconnecting all devices, deleted all my playlists, but these problems still occur.

2014-10-26 09.10.44.png
2014-10-25 10.51.45.png
2014-10-25 10.53.38.png
30 Replies

It happened again today. **bleep** this, I'm moving to Google play.

Apart from the community members here who are trying their best to help, are there people here on these forums working at Spotify who actually visit these forums? Or are they all genuinly incompetent that they can't even provide an answer? Not only is your customer service **bleep**ing atrocious, but now I need answers. 

My phone or Mac keeps getting connected to several other people running Spotify on their Macs or iPhones, where I'll get the good ol' retarded question if I want to continue playing "here" or whatever device they're running it on. Lately it's gotten worse at home where others now for some reason keep getting connected to my mac or iPhone. I thought Spotify Connect was limited to people using the same Wifi, but apparently that's not even the case.

Lately I've had this user/neighbor interfering my playlists with his own and I don't understand the logic behind it at all. Now you might wonder how he's any different than the rest of the cases. Well today I noticed that his Android phone had somehow taken a place amongst my "offline devices". How the **bleep** is that even possible? I hardly expect a middle aged man in his thirties finding out my password somehow (which is far away from "qwerty1235") to add his own device as an offline device. 

No, something must be so fundamentally broken with Spotify Connect which somehow made this happen, letting his account or whatever bypass this, cause I'm fairly sure he's a premium subscriber himself. I will bump this goddamn thread until this gets thorougly noticed or tech-support help, cause this can't be something everyone is experiencing. 

Ally's

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You should get in contact with the customer support by using this contact form or via Twitter @spotifycares.

When you receive the automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible and don't forget to check your Spam-Email's as well ;).
Spotify should answer you within the first 24 Hours.

If they don't reply to you, please write heare your Case Number so i'll lead this to the spotify team.

Have a nice day and thank you very much for you patience! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hey this is also happening to me in 2016 here. Wondering if this ever got fixed?

OK - This is happening to me too. It keeps playing my music somewhere else or if I "Play using this iPhone" or whatever, then it'll start playing random Chinese music!! Has anyone figured out a solution yet? 

Same thing happens to me. I think it happens when you're using the same wifi as others who are also using spotify. I notice this only happens to me when I'm on shared networks.

I'm having this issue all of a sudden. It's beyond annoying and Spotify hasn't responded. It should be an instant response when my application that I pay for is un-f***ing usable. 

also having this problem!! very annoying 

I just had this happen to me for the first time a few minutes ago. 

I was on my computer and wasn't listening to music at the moment, saw that there was a song playing. It was music being played on "<Some guy's> iPhone". That freaked me out so I changed my password on Spotify and Facebook (in case it was a FB sign in issue), and signed out all devices.

I haven't seen other unknown devices again yet - I'll keep an eye out.

I don't think this is a password hack, I imagine it's more likely to be a session hash mixup or something of the like.

Fix Please!

I'm having this problem as well. It's so annoying and it happens randomly and always ALWAYS with the same account. I've literally never used that connect cheap before.

I'm seriously contemplating just deleting spodify all together I don't pay to not enjoy myself.

I am going to go crazy somebody using my account over connect. It is incredibly annoying. And this happens even I am on mobile network and driven. when I am driving somebody changes music, this is insane. 

I think it is very big bug. How it is possible it stays for years.

Suggested posts