Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to cancel my recurring payment

I want to cancel my recurring payment

Hello,

I was searching for the answer to my question, but could not find it anywhere. At the moment I have PayPal linked to my spotify account. At 07-17 it will charge 9,99 from my PayPal, but I don't want this anymore. Tried to remove the payment method, but it did not do that. How can I cancel my recurring payment?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies

Just head to your subscription management page and cancel from there. You need to cancel before you can remove your payment details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But when I cancel it tells me that I cancel my whole subscription..? I just paid for another month..

@Faerely wrote:

But when I cancel it tells me that I cancel my whole subscription..? I just paid for another month..

If you have just paid for a month, there is no need to worry your account will remain on unlimited/premium for all of the days you have already paid for before reverting to Spotify free.

Peter

Peter

I checked out my credit card bill and noticed the recurring charge of 10.99 (Sep and Oct).  I do not remember signing up for this and do not know what my account is (which apparently exists) where I need to go to cancel.  What number can I call to talk to a support person to help me sort this out? Thanks.

@rcoenders - Spotify don't offer telephone support, but if you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be happy to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you believe your card has been used fraudulently, then I would strongly suggest you also notify your bank or card issuer. 

Peter

your link put me right to it and no fuss, no problem... thank you for posting this!

This is very unprofessional, to not have a phone number and speak to a live person to help with cancelling.

My problem is I'm getting a credit card charge every month.

When I click on the [subscription management page] the website prompts me to add a subscription for $0.99 and does not give me any other option to cancel my recurring subscription.

How can I cancel my credit card charges if the website doesn't let me go to the webpage to cancell my alread recurring subcription?

I filled out their form and they sent me an auto email reply.  But that is seriously poor customer service.

Anyone can code their servers to create an automatic feedback(yes, I work in the IT industry).

I've gone to the Apple webiste and they point me back to spotify.

I really DO NOT WANT GO TO CONSUMER AFFAIRS

But having Spotify continiously take my money without me having an option to cancel is hardly fair either.

Can someone please help me?

My email address is: tomchan83@hotmail.com

To Spotify Staff: Please stop charging credit card.  I would like to speak to someone right away.  I am on pacific standard time.

Please email me if you have any ideas on how I can stop this madness.

THIS IS A PROBLEM AS READ ON MANY GOOGLE REPORTS CONSERNING THE LACK OF,OR IMMPOSIBILITY  TO CANCEL A 9.99 PAYMENT FOR ONES CREDIT CARD........WAITING FOR CHARGE TO APPEAR FOR AUGUST...ITS NOT YOU THEY SIMPLY DONT MAKE IT EASY.........

MY FINAL RECOURSE IS TO CANCEL CREDIT CD...ALSO HAPPENED TO AMAZON DIGITAL WHO CHARGES SAME BUT THERE IS A 

CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON TO CANCEL..............

Suggested posts