Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I download a song from Spotify, can I sync it with my computer and put it on my iPod?

If I download a song from Spotify, can I sync it with my computer and put it on my iPod?

I was thinking of getting Spotify Premium, but I am afraid that if I download songs from Spotify that I can not sync them to my computer and only listen to them on Spotify.

8 Replies

Syncing songs to your pc and mobile device is actually the main feature of a premium account - so of course you can!

You have to use the Spotify app on your mac/ipod though to be able to listen to the synced songs and can't just play them in iTunes if that is what you mean.

It does depend on what sort of iPod you have. With iPod Classic, Shuffle and Nano devices, you would be able to use Spotify to sync your local files (MP3's on your computer and the like). With an iPod Touch or iPhone, you can download the Spotify app and do all sorts of syncing tracks directly from the Spotify catalog and using Spotify radio.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I downloaded Spotify premium trial, but I cannot sync my spotify library with my PC which has a windows vista operating system.

Furthermore, I cannot either donload songs from Spotify to my Sony Mp3 player or my Nokia mobile.

Am I compelled to buy an Ipod or Iphone from Apple or is there a way to solve the problem?

Tnx in anticipation for answering my Q.

Which device have you downloaded Spotify on?
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

@cesareformaini - You can only listen to Spotify content (even with premium) on devices which have a supported Spotify application. On any of your devices which have a Spotify app (so Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, android, Windows Phone 8, and a few others) you can login to your Spotify account, access your playlists and make playlists available offline on that device (inside Spotify). Spotify never give you access to tracks as mp3's which would let you use them on other devices. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just tried to put the songs on my windows PC and on a sony mp3 player, and also a nokia mobile.

simply, the button for copy-paste does not exist on spotify, or the mobile tells me that is not possible to sync it with spotify library.

so, what is the purpose of upgrading my spotify account?

never mind, anyway.

I think that at the end of the spotify premium trial of 30 days, I will purchase the 5 dollars option, to listen freely to the music.

Work must be payed, somehow, we can't be all volunteers.

@cesareformaini - Spotify premium does let you download and store tracks in offline mode inside the Spotify client, but you can't take those tracks outside of the Spotify application (to prevent piracy and also to make sure artists get paid fairly for track plays). With that in mind, you can only listen to content from Spotify on a device which has a supported Spotify application. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

how do you sync the music from spotify to windows media player and then onto a nokia phone

Suggested posts