Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Inviting family members from another country

Solved!

Inviting family members from another country

Hi there,

I currently have an Australian account because I work in Australia but I live in New Zealand (NZ). I can access my spotify account when I am in New Zealand which is awesome. Today I just upgraded to Family Premium and invited my family members who reside in NZ . When my wife read her invitation email it said she could not join because of her living in NZ. I automatically thought they were eligable because I can access when I am in transit AND when in NZ. I have paid the family fee, so can I PLEASE have my family invites accepted?

RR

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @rreweti. Unfortunately family members must be located at the same physical address an have the same country set for their account to qualify for the family plan. Because your accounts have different countries set you will not be able to enroll to the family plan. The easiest thing might be for you to change your country to New Zealand, same as your wife. As a premium user you wont have to worry about hoping countries interfering with your music listening. For information on how to change your country check here. If you have any questions or run into any further trouble please don't hesitate to let me know. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @rreweti,

To be added to Premium for Family, a person must:

1. Reside at the same physical address as you.
  2. Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify (and not, for example, through iTunes or a mobile operator).

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family-faq/

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hi @rreweti. Unfortunately family members must be located at the same physical address an have the same country set for their account to qualify for the family plan. Because your accounts have different countries set you will not be able to enroll to the family plan. The easiest thing might be for you to change your country to New Zealand, same as your wife. As a premium user you wont have to worry about hoping countries interfering with your music listening. For information on how to change your country check here. If you have any questions or run into any further trouble please don't hesitate to let me know. Cheers!

I have a similar issue but we live in the same country and we have the same postcode and country setting still it says that we have different country settings so we can't subscribe. Please help

Did I get it right? When I'm moving to New Zealand for 7 months but my family members stay in Germany, I can still use Spotify family when I change my country to Germany instead of New Zealand?

Hey @sandra195,

I don't think so, because you wouldn't be residing at the address of the plan owner during the 7 months.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts