Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there an easy way to transfer my saved music to a new account?

Solved!

Is there an easy way to transfer my saved music to a new account?

I'm trying to transfer everything over to a new account so I can delete my "Facebook created accout". I contacted support and they transfered my playlists over, but not my saved music. Now they aren't responding to emails(last response was 3 days ago).

Is there a way I can transfer the music over myself other than putting it in a playlists and saving each track individually?

It would also be nice to be able to transfer over my "follows" so I don't miss out on news/new tracks from bands I'm following.

I have opened a new ticket with support, but I wanted to ask here while I wait for a response.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, I figured it out. I had to move small groups of tracks(around 200-300) over to the new playlist, then I watch on the web player to make sure they were synced before adding the next group.

Once all the songs were in the playlist and it was synced I could log into my new account and drag them over.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Unfortunately support can't move followers between accounts, but if you can still log into your old account you should be able to migrate Your Music easily using a playlist.

- Make a new playlist.
- In the desktop client go to songs. Press Ctrl+a to highlight all, drag them into your new playlist.
- Share that playlist with your new account.
- Make your new account follow that playlist.
- Drag and drop the new playlist name on to "Songs" on your new account and that will import the playlist for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nice, I didn't know you could drag songs to the saved music section. Only problem now is that the playlist is showing up as empty when I'm logged into the new account but it's full when I'm logged into the old account...

The playlist is also empty if I log in to the web player with my old account...

Marked as solution

Ok, I figured it out. I had to move small groups of tracks(around 200-300) over to the new playlist, then I watch on the web player to make sure they were synced before adding the next group.

Once all the songs were in the playlist and it was synced I could log into my new account and drag them over.

Suggested posts