Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Yes, that's new. I had a support ticket logged and someone on Spotify support has fixed something in my account as it was set to Ireland previously.

Working now.

in the past few days I have been having problems with error 408 and I am no longer able to sign on to spotify. I am living in France since four months ago and spotify had been working just fine until now.

Mgpie21 - Looks like your most recent payment has failed, so your account has reverted back to the free version.

To get your Premium going again, just head here... www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Don't worry, it's nice and quick.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Opened spotify account vis facebook less than 6 weeks ago (AFTER returning from travels in Australia), less than 2 weeks later get 408, changed facebook profile to UK & changed Spotify profile to UK - WHY is it still not working on ANY of my machines? And WHY has no one replied to either of my emails sent to Spotify?

This is very very annoying & I suggest you have a look into making this country log-in issue easier to resolve considering the number of users it is affecting before losing any more potential customers!!

Helspeg - Just tried a little something in your account, can you try logging in with your Facebook details again for us?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

i live and am currently in the us. When I live and use spotify fine on my desktop. I have at one point used spotify free in the uk for 2 weeks, but that was ages ago. anyway spotify works on pcs but gets 408 error on my iPad at home. Not using a proxy or VPN. Please help!

Hi,

i live and am currently in the us. i use spotify fine on my desktop. I have at one point used spotify free in the uk for 2 weeks, but that was ages ago. anyway spotify works on pcs including home laptop but gets 408 error on my iPad at home. Not using a proxy or VPN. Please help!

Hey
A few months ago my friend from Sweden downloaded on my iPod Touch because I'm from Poland ( and there is not spotify in polish app store ).
I've used that, but yesterday I saw this Error:408 when i tried to log in with facebook account.
What I have to do?

I, too, am getting a 408 when I try to log in. I went online via the net, and was told that I am no longer able to access spotify from abroad. However, I am not abroad, and never have been. I live in the US Virgin Islands (US=United States).

Alphavector - I can confirm your account is registered in the US. 

I'd do a quick clean reinstallation on your iPad. Let us know if you keep getting 408. 

Olask8 - If you're trying to access Spotify from Poland then that's the problem. Currently Poland is not one of our supported countries. 

If you were to upgrade while in a supported country (like Sweden) you could then travel internationally with your Spotify. 

Any updates or news regarding country releases will be announced on our Spotify Blog first: www.spotify.com/blog/

jsteven99 - I've just done a bit of maintenance on your account. Please trying logging in again for me. 

Thanks for trying, but nope, didn't help. Same result.

Hi jsteven99 - Not to worry, I've just done a bit more tinkering on your account. 

Let me know if you're still having trouble. 

Hello Meredith:

It did actually work for about a day! But now (Friday morning), even though it lets me log in, it is saying "Radio is only available for Spotify Premium users in your region".

Still having the same problem with pay account anything else you can do?

thanks!

Jsteven99 - Just tried something else, you still having issues?

Alphavector - Looks like you have a free account, so you will get this error when you spend more than 14 days outside of the country in your account. Are you still having trouble?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, still having trouble at one point last year I was out of the country. I haven't ever used mobile a out of country and have been back in the US for a very long time now. Are you saying ap will never work unless I pay?

Hi add my username is ebrueva ı was living in sweden but moved to turkey 9 mnths ago and kept useing my spotify premium but today ı got error 408 ı cant log ın ı swicth my apple store market sweden to turkey so cant ı use anymore even its a premıum account?

Alphavector - Your account is still registered in the US--you should be good to go. 

Please do a quick clean reinstallation. Then log in with your 'alphavector' username. 

Ebrueva - It seems your Premium subscription was cancelled on 16 December. Therefore your Premium didn't renew and you're currently on our free service. 

Unless you're on Unlimited or Premium you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days. 

You can always upgrade if you return to Sweden and then continue travelling no problem. 

also having this issue. I am living in the UAE and know that the service isn't available here but i am from the uk with a premium accout so thought I can "travel" indefinatly?? 

@iwanwms wrote:

also having this issue. I am living in the UAE and know that the service isn't available here but i am from the uk with a premium accout so thought I can "travel" indefinatly?? 

Yes, you can travel indefinitely, as long as you continue to pay for your account from your UK credit/debit card. 

If you have lost your access, have a look on your online overview to make sure your last payment went through okay. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts