Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Hi !

I have also problems with this error 408 , i think it is because my acount was created in spain and now i am living in germany..  How can i resolve this ??

@amirner17 wrote:

Hi !

I have also problems with this error 408 , i think it is because my acount was created in spain and now i am living in germany..  How can i resolve this ??

Hey! 🙂 

You should be able to update your country from your online profile.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Iwanwms - Looks like it was due to your subscription expiring, but you've just got it going again. Are you still having trouble?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I ge the same message.  So what do I need to do in order to access the radio.  I beleive I set up the account in th US but now I currently live in Scotland. Cheers

-Ryan

@Gilbino wrote:

I ge the same message.  So what do I need to do in order to access the radio.  I beleive I set up the account in th US but now I currently live in Scotland. Cheers

-Ryan

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You just need to change your country to UK from your online profile.

Peter

Peter

Hi,

I moved to the UAE in September from the UK & only today I am getting the error code 408. UAE isn't available when I try to change countries.

@kingdavewoody wrote:

Hi,

I moved to the UAE in September from the UK & only today I am getting the error code 408. UAE isn't available when I try to change countries.

Spotify is not yet available in the UAE, so you won't be able to use Spotify if you live there. If you still have a UK debit or credit card, you could use that to subscribe to unlimited or premium (if your account is still set to UK that is) and then you would be able to use Spotify in the UAE for as long as you keep paying your subscription from the UK.

Peter

Peter

I am living in spain and started using premium spotify in spain on my iPhone. It has been working for months but all of a sudden it has stopped working and error 408 appears. What can I do to solve this problem?

I can login now, but when i try to cancel my subscription, it says "Sorry, could not get your subscription status at the moment."

Mods, any news on this? I'm supposed to be billed really soon (either today or tomorrow) and I want to cancel before then.

@theledman wrote:

I can login now, but when i try to cancel my subscription, it says "Sorry, could not get your subscription status at the moment."

Mods, any news on this? I'm supposed to be billed really soon (either today or tomorrow) and I want to cancel before then.

The site is having issues at the moment, and no Spotify staff are online 😞

Hopefully it will be fixed soon 🙂

I also get the error 408, what can I do? I'm right now located in France.

please help, I need my music!

thank you

isabelle

@Bellixb wrote:

I also get the error 408, what can I do? I'm right now located in France.

please help, I need my music!

thank you

isabelle

Have a read at the Error 408 FAQ which contains instructions on how to correct this error. Normally, you just need to update your country from your online profile.

Peter

Peter

Thank you, But I can't really change my country, because I still have a danish creditcard and it won't accept it unless i have a french one (I Think)

Isabelle

I'm living i France for 5 month, but I still have my danish creditcard.

Can you please help me change the country? I'm paying every month for my spotify, but thats really not fair if it doesn't work in the country where I'am living.

I need my music back 🙂

Thank you

Isabelle

sorry for spamming! I figured that my spotify premium was ended - so now it's working again 🙂 thank you

@Bellixb wrote:

sorry for spamming! I figured that my spotify premium was ended - so now it's working again 🙂 thank you

No worries! Glad its working 🙂 

Enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter

I bought a 3 month premium when i was in the netherlands. I am now in turkey I had to log off from the android app but now I cannot connect again it says you are signing in from a different country. how can I fix this?

@soyozan wrote:

I bought a 3 month premium when i was in the netherlands. I am now in turkey I had to log off from the android app but now I cannot connect again it says you are signing in from a different country. how can I fix this?

Are you still within those 3 months? 

If so, you should be able to sign in no matter which country your are currently in. Are you sure you are using the correct login details?

Peter

Peter

Hello Meredith

I have a German Premium Spotify account and am now living in Australia. I have been receiveing error:408 on my iphone and can only access music that i have switched offline. Is it possible to keep my German subscription going while living in Australia with a premium account? 

QK

@questkent wrote:

Hello Meredith

I have a German Premium Spotify account and am now living in Australia. I have been receiveing error:408 on my iphone and can only access music that i have switched offline. Is it possible to keep my German subscription going while living in Australia with a premium account? 

QK

You should be able to do that since Spotify is available in Germany. 

Just make sure your country is set to Germany in your online profile (you might need to enter your payment details to verify your location) and then subscribe using your german payment method. You can then use Spotify anywhere in the world 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts