Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

I have this error 408 too. I've paid premium and using spotify abroad, so what's wrong?

@Mariest wrote:
I have this error 408 too. I've paid premium and using spotify abroad, so what's wrong?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you sure your account is on premium, have a look on your subscription status on your online overview

You should not see this error message if you are logged into an active premium account. Have you tried logging out and back in ensuring you are using the correct details?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi
Ilove spotify and spotify is my life!
But i cant log in spotify for eror 408
Plz help me!

Thanck so much!

@Zigaros wrote:
Hi
Ilove spotify and spotify is my life!
But i cant log in spotify for eror 408
Plz help me!

Thanck so much!

You get Error 408 when the country in your profile does not match your current IP address.

You just need to update your country on your online profile 😉 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I'm also getting error 408. I use a proxy server with a USA IP address since I live in Cyprus where spotify is not available. I've passed my 14 days free spotify account and now I get the error 408 message. I checked my country's settings and are correct(USA). I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please help me. Thanks.

@marge_3 wrote:

Hi, I'm also getting error 408. I use a proxy server with a USA IP address since I live in Cyprus where spotify is not available. I've passed my 14 days free spotify account and now I get the error 408 message. I checked my country's settings and are correct(USA). I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please help me. Thanks.

Have you entered those proxy details inside the Spotify client (Edit > Preferences > Proxy)? 

If you are routing all of your internet traffic via a proxy, where does http://whatismyipaddress.com/ show your IP address as being?

Peter

Peter

Ive been getting this error tonight all of a sudden. Been working fine for last 8months here in sweden, changed my user country too in last august. Tonight all of a sudden it wont work??

@gotland87 wrote:
Ive been getting this error tonight all of a sudden. Been working fine for last 8months here in sweden, changed my user country too in last august. Tonight all of a sudden it wont work??

Hey 🙂 

Are you still having issues?

Is your country set correctly in your online profile? (Always worth a double check!)

If it is and you are still having issues, are you connecting via a proxy, VPN or company network? 

Have a look where your IP address geo-locates to on http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Peter

Peter

Hello Spotify

I still have my user name, Faltho, but not my password.

Please, send me an e-mail with my lost password?

Best regards

Thorsten Falck

thorsten47@bredband.net

@Faltho wrote:

Hello Spotify

I still have my user name, Faltho, but not my password.

Please, send me an e-mail with my lost password?

Best regards

Thorsten Falck

Hey Falck! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Just enter your username on the password reset page and you will be sent out an password reset email to the email address registered on your account. If you no longer have access to that email account, then you will need to get in touch with the Spotify team directly via the online contact form and they will be able to assist you. 

Peter

Peter

Mayday mayday!
I have a 408 error. Im travelling around southeast asia, atm im in malaysia. My girlfriend has no problem accessing her spotify but i do. What must i do?

@Lurven2000 wrote:
Mayday mayday!
I have a 408 error. Im travelling around southeast asia, atm im in malaysia. My girlfriend has no problem accessing her spotify but i do. What must i do?

Have a read at the Error 408 help page which gives you an overview of all of the options you have. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I recently moved from New Zealand to the uk, with a premium spotify account, it was working fine for a month here in the uk, now I get log in failed 408, what can I do about this? I'm paying for a service I can't use.

@Hailkiko wrote:
Hi, I recently moved from New Zealand to the uk, with a premium spotify account, it was working fine for a month here in the uk, now I get log in failed 408, what can I do about this? I'm paying for a service I can't use.

You won't get error 408 if you are logged into an active premium account, are you sure you are logging in using the correct account and it is still on premium? You can view your subscription status on your online overview.

Peter

Peter

Hi im in Australia temporarily so my account payments are linked to my card which is still american. I keep getting Error 408 message on my phone but not on my computer... help!

thanks 

michele

@michelemarti wrote:

Hi im in Australia temporarily so my account payments are linked to my card which is still american. I keep getting Error 408 message on my phone but not on my computer... help!

thanks 

michele

Do you have Spotify Premium? Double check your subscription status on your online overview

Make sure you are logging in using the correct details on your phone, also try uninstalling and reinstalling the application sometimes that can help! 

Peter

Peter

can you please help me? my account name in spotify is Tom Tjeenk Willink and atm I'm facing the

same error. Error 408. Everything was working fine until yesterday and I havnt changed anything in the settings that I can think off.

My account says my country is the US but i live in holland :S. My facebook on the other hand does show I live in holland so I think the problem occurs right there, that those two don't match. But I havn't been abroad recently nor have I logged in on spotify on any other computer than my own.

The help tools tell me I can change my country at the tab profile settings but when I get there, the box with my US in it remains grey and unchangeable

can you help me?

Kind regards,

Tom

@sirbiggles wrote:

can you please help me? my account name in spotify is Tom Tjeenk Willink and atm I'm facing the

same error. Error 408. Everything was working fine until yesterday and I havnt changed anything in the settings that I can think off.

My account says my country is the US but i live in holland :S. My facebook on the other hand does show I live in holland so I think the problem occurs right there, that those two don't match. But I havn't been abroad recently nor have I logged in on spotify on any other computer than my own.

The help tools tell me I can change my country at the tab profile settings but when I get there, the box with my US in it remains grey and unchangeable

can you help me?

Kind regards,

Tom

Have a read at this post for some help with changing your country. 

Peter

Peter

Hi I'm American going to school in Paris. I've been getting the error 408 message when I try to log in using my Facebook. I want to adjust my setting but I've forgotten my username and password. Is there a way of resetting it for France? Merci

@Carolineàparis wrote:
Hi I'm American going to school in Paris. I've been getting the error 408 message when I try to log in using my Facebook. I want to adjust my setting but I've forgotten my username and password. Is there a way of resetting it for France? Merci

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to get that sorted for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts