Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Since last week I cannot log in, because of error code 408. I have checked my profil, here is everything ok (contry Germany) and I wasn't abroad the last time. I still try to log in in Germay but it does not work. Have anybody an idea what the problem is?

2 Replies

Hi @Alfisohn,

do you know if Spotify is being blocked by a firewall? Ensure that if you have a firewall active, then Spotify is allowed through it.

Also worth double checking - does your IP address geo-locate to Germany?

In some cases this error can occur by mistake if you use Spotify at work as many companies route their traffic through other countries therefore you appear to be abroad. If you’re at work and have this problem you can solve this problem by logging in to your Spotify account at home occasionally.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks.

You are right my IP-adresse is now in the US located, so since last week it was the right one: a German adresse. 

If I am right the IP is transfered from my internet provider, so I can not change it. But how can I solve the problem?

I am originally log in with my facebool profile and won't change my country each time.

Suggested posts