Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login failure

Solved!

Login failure

Hi,

I was suddenly thrown out of Spotify.

When I try to logon I get the message that it is the wrong username/password. But that is not the case since I use the Facebook login info. And I am currently logged on to FB. I even tried to log off FB and log on again. No problem there.

What to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

My girlriend's got exactly the same issue (I bought her the premium service as a gift!). She can't login now with the FB account, and the spotify login isn't recognising her email for password reset. What's worse is that she can't login for support, or use the contact form provided. 

The only way I can post here is by logging in with my account. Just about the worst customer service experience I've ever seen. I've been so evangelical about spotify to so many, but right now I'm less than sure. Makes you want to go and buy a CD. 

View solution in original post

34 Replies

Hi!

I have the same problem. Spotify says, that the username / password is wrong, but the login on Facebook is working without problems.

Please make sure you're logging in with the correct details first of all.

You can always try launching Spotify from a Facebook play link as well, which should force a login. For instance, try https://www.facebook.com/music/song/Islands/390739118780
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Same issue here. I can login to the website, but not into the client. Very frustrating....

Hi happyfunbear - So your account is in good shape on our end. 

Have you tried doing a password reset from right here: https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/

I'm having the same issue. I can login with no problem to the website using my username and password.

I cannot login to my app / client using the exact same username and password. I have confirmed that my login credentials are correct.

I've reset my password twice now to see if this remedies the solution and it doesn't. 

This is so frustrating considering I just upgraded my account to premium. 

I am having the same exact issue, and I prefer to not have Spotify linked to my Facebook account. I can login to the website, but not the application on my MacBook. I recently re-downloaded the application, and I successfully reset my password twice. I am not sure why it still will not let me login via my computer. 

Please advise! 

I am also experiencing a login issue. However, I don't have Facebook. I reset my password but I still get the wrong username/password in both Windows desktop and Android App

I am also having these exact same problems! It tells me that my username or password is incorrect, but I have reset my password two times already and nothing is helping!!

I can also login via Facebook but now it's not recognizing my Premium account - so I have to suffer through commercials. 

still the same issues, I reset the password twice. No problem at all with the website. No chance to log into the PC client. What's going on?

Same issue here. I can login to the website, but not into the client. Very frustrating

uninstalled the client, rebooted the computer, reinstalled the client, still giving me a password / login error... website is working fine.... same credentials

HELP PLEASE!!!!

I figured out what the problem was for me. The password for the website (the one you reset) was out of sync with the client password. The website uses the new password, the client uses the old one.... Should be easy for Spotify to fix. The problem is, if you forgot your password, you won't be able to change it and use the service....

I'm having the same problem. It lets me log in through Facebook, but not through the original Spotify username I made last last year. I've reset my password a number of times and I still can't get in the client.

I'm a brand new user (signed up for premium). Never logged in or used facebook login. I can log into the website fine, but it wont let me log into the desktop app. Making me regret purchasing premium already 😕

Same here. Signed up for premium so that I could use yalls app on Windows Phone.

Attempting to sign in using the device I get a different error depending on which login I use. Facebook login states error 409, I need a premium account. I have a premium account. Spotify login states error 410, invalid username/password. This is bull**bleep** because I just reset my password.

It seems like this is becoming a significant issue, and many of the users experiencing this are premium subscribers. PAYING CUSTOMERS CANNOT USE THE PRODUCT!!! Yall need to get this **bleep** fixed.

I'm having the same problem.  I'm attempting to add my wife's i-phone and it keeps telling me that my login info is incorrect.  I've re-set my password on the website twice, and still no luck.  Makes me REALLY want to cancel my premium subscription.  WTF, people?!?

Hey all, if you're still having issues just get in touch via our contact form and we'll get to you as soon as we're able.

Account/payment issues generally aren't best dealt with over an open forum.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

My girlriend's got exactly the same issue (I bought her the premium service as a gift!). She can't login now with the FB account, and the spotify login isn't recognising her email for password reset. What's worse is that she can't login for support, or use the contact form provided. 

The only way I can post here is by logging in with my account. Just about the worst customer service experience I've ever seen. I've been so evangelical about spotify to so many, but right now I'm less than sure. Makes you want to go and buy a CD. 

Suggested posts