Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost my premium account

Solved!

Lost my premium account

Help me Spotify!

I had a premium account and suddenly when I wanted to log in again with my facebook account, I got a new free one..

Now I can't access to my premium account but it still exists..

What can I do?

155 Replies

I have lost my premium-benefits myself. (still paying)

I am not sure, but I think I have two accounts now... and I am not sure how to find which account who have the premium membership. My facebook account dont have it, but i cant remember my orginal username. I have the same email on both.

My account id is 11137254990 and 1123135055

Can someone help me?

@user-removed - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response, but I still haven't received an official response/fix yet and it has been about another day. 

The following rant is not directed at you mods on this forum in any way; you guys have been prompt and helpful.

To be honest, the only reason why I am still a customer is because the product is usually better than anything else on the market, and because of the helpfulness of the mods here.

On the whole however, Spotify's level of service has been atrocious. Getting official help is a complete waste of time because you don't hear anything in days. I saw a few people with support requests gone unheeded for 3, 4 and even 5 days. Which is pretty bad if you are paying for premium, because prompt support should come with the product. Lack of support could be equated to selling a defective product in my opinion. I know a lot of us won't have the patience or preserverence to wait for someone to actually read our pleas for help and have probably switched to other services. For instance; I know Xbox Live music has a live chat option for support.

I realise there probably is a backlog to go through, but happy customers mean not only customer retention but new referrals. So perhaps actually hiring more customer service reps might possibly be a good idea. Maybe.

Hi there,

I still haven't heard anything back from the customer service! I am lacking service for over 2 weeks now... that is not Premium! I can understand if there is an IT issue merging customer accounts (as I am obviously not the only one here)... would be nice to give me an update when I can get my service back and I am actually expecting a month off for this pain...

Best regards,

Ina

Hey guys!

Sorry (on behalf of Spotify) for the delay on getting this sorted. I'm escalating your cases again now to see what is going on.

I appreciate how much of a pain it is, but hang in there!

Peter

Hi there,

I've been experiencing the same problem since yesterday. Somehow I lost my premium account. I can still see all my playlists and everything. But none of the premium features seem to be working. My accountnumber is 1145273093, I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks and would really appreciate having my offline playlists with me.

cheers,

Benjamin

Hi Spotify team, I lost my premium account as well, even though I have a recurring monthly subscription and have already paid for this month's premium access. I use my Facebook to log in. I am disappointed as I have submitted a report some time ago, but have not received a response...

don't know what to do?!...

@pete_pete - Could you let us know the 8-digit case number from when you got in touch?

Peter

Hi Peter,

i haven't got a digit-case number, I wrote my problem via some kind of formular on your web page. Perhaps my account number will help you: 

Hi Pete,

I've chased this up for you and made sure that your case is in the right hands. An advisor will be in touch shortly 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

The same happened to me. I wanted to log in via facebook and then I got a new account number and LOST MY PAID PREMIUM access.

Could you please help me? I also used the contact form but didnt get any response yet.

My old (and premium) account is 1128673103, the new (and free) one is 11138447960.

Would be lucky to get a quick fix...

Thanks!

Just reply directly to the automated email reply (even if it is from no-reply) and an adviser will get back to you as soon as they can.

Peter

I'm having the same issue too.

I have a premium account, registered in Germany, and both my android app and windows app are not recognizing my subscription. M subscription receipts also recognize my payments as German. Of course I use the UK spotify website for resolving issues as I am an expat.

The error I get leads me to a website saying, 

It appears that you've already been a premium user and this trial is only valid for new users. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.

You're logged in as 1128790643. If you wish to switch to another user or create a new account, please log out.
If you intend to use a payment method registered outside Germany, you need to change your Spotify country to match.  Germany

This product is not available

Sorry, the product that you selected is not available in this market. Upgrade to Spotify Premium here.

So obviously it can tell I am already a premium subscriber, and I can't get the trial (well duh).

I have contact support, ticket number # 01417227

If you haven't already done so, reply directly to the automated email with the case number in it (even if it is from no-reply) and an adviser will get back to you as soon as they can.

Peter

Done, just got to wait now.

Is this a Germany only issue ?

Hello Dr Ether.
It looks like it's a problem only occuring in germany because Sofortueberweisung does not support "Dauerauftrag" any longer. The support is in big trouble and has many problems to solve so please be patient and do what Peter already told you. A service employee should be with you soon!

Is this linked to the change in SEPA payments that happened this month.

Well so long as it is a known problem. If there is an easy way to change payments over to paypal I will just do that, I already pay for my wife's premium account that way.

Yeah thats what I did too 🙂
The support will give you two possibilitys:
First is to get back the money and second to get a "free" subscription for a month. And dont forget to cancel your future payments inside your online banking account to prevent more trouble!
Greetings from Germany 🙂

@ Peter:

I didn't get any email, neither have I got a ticket number. To which adress can I write an email concerning my problem? 

edit: Problems occured when I installed Spotify on my new mobile... but that may aswell be a coincidence, because I also have "SofortDauerauftrag" as payment method (I'm aswell located in Germany).

Suggested posts