Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved country, can't change card payment

Solved!

Moved country, can't change card payment

Hi there,

i moved from Italy to UK 5 months ago. During those 5 months my italian bank account was still active so i kept on paying with my italian card. 

I closed my italian bank account, so i tried to change the card payment. It tells me that my card is a UK card and asks me to switch to UK account, i click on it...and absolutely nothing happens. I can still see the italian card and when i try again to insert the UK card, i get asked again to switch to UK, i do it and then i start at the same point. Very frustrating. I tried like 30 times so far in different days as well, to make sure it was not a temporary technical problem. 

I really hope that this does not mean that i need to create a new spotify account for the UK.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Rali

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

I've taken a look at your account and it appears you're now set to UK.

Try heading here so you can update your payment details to your new UK based card.

There's no need to create a new account 🙂  

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

I've taken a look at your account and it appears you're now set to UK.

Try heading here so you can update your payment details to your new UK based card.

There's no need to create a new account 🙂  

___

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Hey Greg,

thanks. This time it worked. 

Cheers

Rali

Awesome!

Enjoy your music 🙂 

___

I can't change my country to The UK. Please someone at spotify help me!

@11124127666 - Are you using Free or Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It was premium but spotify general help said cancel then change countries so I did. But I still can't change it. My premium membership is still running though until next month

@11124127666 - You don't need to change it until your account drops to Free. Once that happens you need to remove your card details from your account then you should be able to make the change from your online account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I know but I want to switch now. I'm missing out on some songs because it says I'm registered in Canada and the music lists must be limited and just want to switch now as I live in The UK

Hi,

I just had the exact same problem when moving from Switzerland to Spain. I cannot update my payment details to my new spanish credit card. I tried heading to where you suggested but nothing happened.

What should I do? I guess I´ll lose my Premium in a few days if I do not update my payment details...

Thanks!

Hello, someone did something to my account and then I was able to change
the card without getting an error. I do not remember who did the change,
but I remember that it did not depend on me.
Sorry, I am not able to help.

Suggested posts