Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Premium Account No longer exists

My Premium Account No longer exists

My spotify premium account was working fine until earlier today when it automatically logged me out. I was unable to log back in afterwards, as it said that my username and/or password was incorrect (which I am almost 100% positive that it was not). When I tried to change my password, it said that my username did not exist. I sent an email to Spotify support but just received an auto reply suggesting to come back to this forum. I replied back to that email and have not gotten any email back. 

Why is my account no longer accessible? Will I still be charged even if I can't even login to my account since it is presumably "nonexistent?"

8 Replies

I am having the exact same issue with my premium account. Yesterday I started getting an error message saying that "Spotify is being paused because your account is being used somewhere else." Went in today to log off of all accounts (phone, Roku, web, etc.) and now it won't recognize my premium account. Please let me know if you hear back from support. Thanks. 

Similar problem here. I've been logged out of all devices overnight and now keep getting error 3, incorrect password or username. Password reset emails (unable to initiate in web, can do in iOS app) never arrive. (I've checked everywhere.) Premium account affected as well.

I had this exact problem today as well. I kept getting a message that my account was logged in somewhere else, and now I am kicked off of Spotify and can't log back in. Please let me know if anyone finds a solution because I really don't want to get charged if the service is not working! Customer service is horrendous! I did however find a way to send them a direct message but wonder if I will get a response back. At least I know I am not the only one with this issue!

I'm getting the Error 3 as well. Only way I've been able to connect to community board to post or send email to support is through my free account. Let us know if you hear anything back. Thanks.

My Spotify Premium account disappeared completely today. Whatever I try to do I keep getting error messages saying that my username is not connected to any existing Spotify Account.
I also got several identical automatically generated messages from Spotify. They advised me to contact this forum.

It seems I am not the only one facing similar problems.

Since Spotify have decided not to invest on decent customer service I decided to buy music streaming services from Tidal instead. 

I logged out earlier, and on logging in again it tells me that I'm no longer a premium user. All fees have been paid. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone (as suggested in such cases) but I'm still a 'free' user on my PC and phone...

C'mon, Spotify.

Here's an update on my situation for the board - I emailed support@spotify.com and direct messaged their Twitter account @SpotifyCares.

They responded within 24 hours and we now have the situation resolved. Seems that an unauthorized user was on my account. Reset passwords, payment, etc. and I'm back up and running. If you haven't been able to get to the help you need, I recommend the email address.

Thanks Spotify.

I lost my account, got contacted by service desk after a while and they managed to restore my account.

Suggested posts