Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is hacked! Help!!

Solved!

My account is hacked! Help!!

I received an e-mail saying my account address had been changed.  When I tried to log in, I discovered that the hacker has changed my E-mail AND password. The only reason I can get in right now is because my account is linked through Facebook.  I replied to the message about the e-mail address change, but I haven't gotten any response (not even an auto-reply).  Whoever the hacker is, they're actively using my account---it shows me the device they're playing music on!!!!  Can any of you help or direct this issue to someone who can?  Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Ctbarnes,

I have just recovered your account and have sent you a reply to 3367974.

View solution in original post

45 Replies

For what it's worth, the address the jerk used is -snip-

Exact same thing happened to me this morning and I have emailed and tweeted and no response. I tried to submit a help request form and it said they'll contact that email.

Can someone help fix this?

Hey there @ctbarnes1985, welcome to the community!

Since you can login into your account through Facebookchange your password and change your email. Open both of those links on two tabs then try to submit both forms near the same time to prevent them from gaining access back. When the password is reset, it logs your account out of all devices, so you shouldn't see them again.

Let me know if that works for you!

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

@vulgardaclown wrote:
Exact same thing happened to me this morning and I have emailed and tweeted and no response. I tried to submit a help request form and it said they'll contact that email.

Can someone help fix this?

Hey there @vulgardaclown!

What's the case number of the e-mail with Spotify? I'll make sure the right team is on it.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

No, my email and password was changed by the hacker, there is no case number because it was emailed to the hackers email. -_-, I can login via FB, but because I do not know the password they changed it to, I cannot change it back.

I am in exactly the same situation. In order to change the password, I'd have to know the "current" password that the hacker created. Without it, I can't change anything.

Merik, why did you edit this post and remove the e-mail address?

@ctbarnes1985 Whoops! I totallty forgot you have to enter your current password to change your password and e-mail. No worries though!

Contact Spotify directly through the anonymous online contact form and they will get you back into your account! If you receive an automated e-mail directing you back to the community, just reply to it and you will be connected with a representative that will be more than happy to assist you!. 

Also I removed their e-mail due to privacy and security reasons. I know how much you want revenge though...I would too! lol

---

@vulgardaclown Ah that makes sense! Send them another message through the anonymous online contact form and they'll get back to you. If you receive an automated e-mail directing you back to the community, just reply to it! 

The anonymous form informs me that an email reply will be sent to the hackers email, not mine. How can I reply to an email to recover my account when it's sent to the one who took it?

@Merik, thank you for trying to be helpful.  Unfortunately, I have the same issue as vulgardaclown: when I submit the form, the message I get says "Thank you!  We'll get back to you at [hacker's e-mail] as soon as we can."

hacker.GIF

Well, I'm completely locked out now. Over 24hrs without a single official response or attempt to assist in recovering. I was paying for two accounts for the past 3 years, and now I'm paying for none. Around $400 to you guys and the service has been great, but my first problem and I can't even get a reply.

Email said to reply if I didn't change my user name, I did, no reply. I tweeted, Direct Messaged, emailed, and posted here. For 24 hours without a response is disgusting when peoples money is the topic.

So long, and thanks for all the fish. I'm going to Google Play Music.

Hey vulgardaclown,

I have just sent a reply to your case 3368864.  Could you please reply back via that thread?

Marked as solution

Hey Ctbarnes,

I have just recovered your account and have sent you a reply to 3367974.

I'm having the exact same problem. I wrote to your support and they gave me the same advice (send a reset email to the hacker's email). 

My ref # is [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0zq4h4:ref} 

It's been 24 hours since my last reply. Please help!

Thank you, Calvin, for your help!

Replied to thread, @calvin

Glad to help.

@vulgardaclown - I am off for the week now, but your case should be picked up soon.  

Do we all need to post on the message boards to get responses from Spotify support, Calvin?

I have the same problem as mentioned above with ticket #s 03374927 and 03368938. It has been two days without music...sad sad days.

Would love additional support/better security on our accounts. Not even better security really, just web standard security circa 2015.

Suggested posts