Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My credit cards work everywhere but here

My credit cards work everywhere but here

I had a premium account which was cancelled because my credit card was stolen. Now I am trying to enter my new card info, and it won't take it. It said there was a problem with the card, however I can use it everywhere else. I called my credit card company and they assure me it's fine—and that they see no attempts for a charge from Spotify. I have tried other cards and they won't work, either. I downloaded a new browser. Nothing is working! Help!

12 Replies

Have you tried using a different browser or using incognito mode? Anyway I've escalated your issue and an agent should be in contact with you soon.

Thanks, Erik,

Yes, I have tried different browsers, different credit cards, etc. I know for a fact there is nothing wrong with my card. I just used it for something else, and my bank said it is totally fine. They also said they saw no attempt for a charge from Spotify, even though I tried many times.

I understand your issue and hope they can make it work out for you as soon as possible. Any other thing I can help you with don't hesitate to ask! Have a nice day.

I have excatly the same issue. I'm from Chile and my credit card can't pay for any susbscription because spotify is the problem. I just sent a message on a contact form and my Spotify case is # 02851466

Interesting, this issue/bug/problem frecuently affect to the customers as you can see on this topic (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Cannot-upgrade-to-premium-using-Cha... and it seems that spotify don't want to recieve money from us.

i cannot get premium my credit card is good but it will not take have been trying for 2 days to get it with no luck please help

@7thstreetgirl @Ife2034 Please contact support and provide me your case #. 

You can contact support by filling this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it says it is no-reply) and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

@edu8883 I've already escalated your issue and an agent should be in contact with you soon.

Hello,

How do I get a case #?

Yesterday, my friend tried to pay for my account with HER credit card and that did not work, either. Her PayPal DID work, but I can't keep charging this to my friend's PayPal. Please please help me ASAP! 

Thanks,

Heather

@7thstreetgirl Hello, you get a case # when you contact support.

You can contact support by filling this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it says it is no-reply) and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi, My # case is : 02879813

I'll need a solution for this case, I have problems wiht my CC too.

Thanks.

Eduardo.

Hi! I have done everything you have recommended. A customer service person did email me a few days ago, and I gave her the info she asked for about my DOB and zip code and so forth, but I have not received any answer.....

I'm experiencing the same issue. CC works everywhere but here, bank also says it had never received any attempt of charge.

Same problem here, I replied to the email chain of my previous case#  02746158, which was when our premium switched to free and I could not enable it to premium.

Please escalate accordingly, I'm getting on a plane tomorrow and need my offline access :).  

It seems like Spotify's payment system is malfunctioning. I know that my credit card company's system is working fine, just used it this morning.

Suggested posts