Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My name is Showing as Numbers

Solved!

My name is Showing as Numbers

I just reactivated my FB account and logged into Spotify Premium web app and now my name is showing as numbers. Some of my FB friends cannot even search and find me. "Lizzy Mallory" is my FB name and my Spotify name (which again, is numbers) is 12133850191.

I have no problem viewing all of my FB friends recently played songs. How can I get my real name to show?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When did you reactivate it? It is possible your friends (and possibly your own) client have cached the username data before the Spotify servers where able to pull the data from Facebook. If that is the case it will normally fix itself given a little time.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi,

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

You could try to connect Facebook manually with Spotify (I assume something went wrong while connecting), by clicking at your numbers (name) at the right-top. Then click 'Account...'.

Your browser should open at the Spotify website, logged in with your account. You now should see something like "Connect with Facebook" to manually connect with Facebook. 

@LizzyMallory - Looks like it may have just taken the system a little time to grab the information from Facebook. I can confirm your username "12133850191" is correctly connected to Facebook and showing your real name and profile picture on your public profile.

Peter

Right, I understand that. However, when I listen to songs it still shows my name as NUMBERS. Please see attachment that my friend was gracious enough to send me. 

Capture.PNG

I did this. I am connected to FB and all of my friends are imported but I still show as Numbers. I think it has something to do with me reactivating my FB account. 

Marked as solution

When did you reactivate it? It is possible your friends (and possibly your own) client have cached the username data before the Spotify servers where able to pull the data from Facebook. If that is the case it will normally fix itself given a little time.

Peter

Suggested posts