Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NUS Discount

NUS Discount

Hi,

I notice a lot of people are having trouble with this problem, but I haven't been able to resolve it. The NUS discount link being given out is this: https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/ when you click on "get premium with NUS extra" and log in, it just takes you straight to your account settings page.

I've already sent about 8 emails to the Spotify Helpdesk and it's really starting to annoy me. They asked for my NUS card number and then said this wasn't valid. It is, it's a new NUS card. The point is, there is nowhere for you to enter the number when you log in.

39 Replies

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact during the early workweek (Monday-Tuesday)

If you have a case number from support, please post it here. (8 digit number)

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also have this exact problem, I have two days to fix it otherwise I will lose out on £5 since the discount won't be in place for my next renewal.

@tbromilow 

There is currently an issue with the student discount sign up.

You will need to contact support.

To contact suport, read this:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Trouble-signing-up-for-Student-discount/idi-p/106993...

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, I have now written about 15 emails to support. Each person seems to have no knowledge of the previous emails and they really don't understand what's going on. One offered me a month's free subscription, the next said it would be easier if I just waited until the problem was fixed. Another said that there was no problem at all and that my student card was invalid.

I've never known such appalling customer service.

They also said that they had added a month's free subscription to my account but that doesn't seem to have happened. I'm back on "free" now, sadly.

I've just been having the same problem. However you can solve it really easily by signing up to Unidays. Its completely free, and had me back on premium within 2 minutes! 

I'm also having this issue. Hopefully it can be fixed soon because my subscription ran out today and I have no idea how i'm gonna go without it tommorow.

They told me that they added a month as well, but I'm back on Free 😞

@Notters 

I have forwarded your post over to a Spotify employee so they can help you.

You should hear back in this thread soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@tbromilow 

Reply back to the support email and tell them that. They should be able to help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Isn't that a different card? I don't have one.

Yeah but you its free to sign up for it. And you get the 50% discount.

I replied to this message to get an extra month 5 days ago, and since have had to cancel my subscription because otherwise I would have been charged in full. No month has been given, and the issue still persists. I am now on Free, and on the 26th, created a new account and asked to be transfered over. I have had no contact with support since. What shall I do?

Thanks for getting in touch. We'll work this out together to make it happen!

We have two options for you as we work on a fix to the Student Discount issue: 

• We can add one free month to your account. After that, you can try again to subscribe to the Student Discount. We should have the issue resolved by then.

To do this option, please provide the following:

• Your date of birth (example: March 8, 1995).
    • Your zip/postal code.
    • Last 4 digits of your payment card OR PayPal Invoice ID from your most recent payment.
  • Or you can create a new account with the Student Discount. Reply to this email with your new username and we'll move the playlists, starred tracks, followers, and Your Music from the old account to the new one. 

Note: If you're offered a trial during sign up, don't take it. You won't be able to apply Student Discount if you do.

Look forward to hearing back from you soon,

Your case number for reference: #02633397

ref:00DDpxIW.500DsSx8s:ref

@tbromilow 

I have forwarded your post over to a Spotify employee so they can help you.

You should hear back in this thread soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @tbromilow 

We've given the team a heads up. They'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

I'm also having this issue and it's very annoying, because this is one of the main reasons I bought an NUS card. Not happy.

Thank You @mattsuda @james! No contact as of yet though.

Same here.

@jamesbullen97 wrote:

I'm also having this issue and it's very annoying, because this is one of the main reasons I bought an NUS card. Not happy.

Same here.

Suggested posts