Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NUS Discount

NUS Discount

Hi,

I notice a lot of people are having trouble with this problem, but I haven't been able to resolve it. The NUS discount link being given out is this: https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/ when you click on "get premium with NUS extra" and log in, it just takes you straight to your account settings page.

I've already sent about 8 emails to the Spotify Helpdesk and it's really starting to annoy me. They asked for my NUS card number and then said this wasn't valid. It is, it's a new NUS card. The point is, there is nowhere for you to enter the number when you log in.

39 Replies

Having the same problem too. My last premium subscription has just ended, tried to renew with my NUS card and just get sent to my account and get asked to pay the full amount.

I've tried logging in to the NUS site and clicking through from there and tried direct from the student link on the main spotify site, neither work. Please get this looked at, I'm not renewing until the discount gets applied.

Thanks @mattsuda @james, my things were transferred to a new profile, and I now have premium with a discount back.

After getting in touch with customer support, I have a month's free premium in the hope that the NUS subscription problem can be sorted in that time.

Thanks to Mauricio at Spotify for sorting this.

Hi, I have the same problem. I've been charge a full subscription this month as I have been unable to enter my NUS details. I wrote to the customer care team but heard nothing so far.

@doma1991 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Does any one know how to tell if your NUS card is linked to your acount ive signed up for premium conected my card a few times but the page didnt change im stuck and dont know if my card is conected ??

Hi,

Sorry I don't know the answer to that but I'd be interested to know where you entered your card details?

@ellisB123 wrote:

Does any one know how to tell if your NUS card is linked to your acount ive signed up for premium conected my card a few times but the page didnt change im stuck and dont know if my card is conected ??

@Notters wrote:

Hi,

Sorry I don't know the answer to that but I'd be interested to know where you entered your card details?

@ellisB123 wrote:

I just clicked the link on the NUS page and then sign in with NUS

I am having issues too.

I enter my NUS Card number, click submit and nothing happens, it just reloads the same page, no error message.

I have emailed support so will see what they say 

Been having this exact same problem for about 3 months!! Would really prefer not having to make a new account. Pretty appaulled that such an issue with regards to a key selling point (student discount) has not been fixed in this time!

Hi Matt,

I'm having the same issue with NUS discount. Can you forward my post to a member of spotify please? The link you posted on the first page takes me to the american student discount help page.

Thanks

Hi,

Whenever I attempt to type in my Spotify password to sign up for the NUS student discount, I get the following message:

'This feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later.'

I have been trying for over a week now, could someone please help?

Thanks

Will

I get the exact same error.

I had a reply back from support saying i'm trying to checkout with paypal and it failed.

It never asked me what payment method I wanted to use,and certainly never mentions paypal at all,  it just threw the error after asking me to type my spotify password again.

Looking at paypal, it seems I do have a cancelled paypal sub from 2012 when I presumeably signed up for a trial?

The system seems to be broken!

Well this still doesn't work. It's an attrocious bit of customer service really. I'm sure the record labels would be pleased to hear that they're being represented like this.

I've finally got mine.

I think you need to get support to unlink your PayPal account from your Spotify account.
Then when you apply for the discount, it should ask you for a payment method again.

I had an old PayPal subscription from years ago, which was deactivated from PayPal side and that meant Spotify system was broken.

Once they removed the link on the Spotify side, it asked me for payment details again and it worked.

Exactly same issue with me, I got charged the full premium price last month, I realised it was because my NUS card had expired, tried to register my new one but there are issues with the site, I've tried emailing support, and have had confirmation emails, but no reply to my problem, and I will be charged full price agin at the beginning of May!!

@hangriff2014 @willfisher91  @Notters @Piquet2 

If you are still having trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes I got confirmation emails for both the emails I sent but no resolution....I will reply to the 'do not respond' emails stating I still need help.

Cheers PK

Sorted it myself, created a UNIdays account and did it that way, still no reply from Spotify....great service not!

How can i put my NUS card on my new premium account even if my old one stopped with the same card?

Suggested posts